• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window bag for private signing at CGC ?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi , 

I have just paid to have two books signed by Todd McFarlane . 
After payment it said I need a in-house private signing card and a window bag . 

Both of the comics I am sending are resubmissions , still sealed in the cgc case and this was stated when 

filling out the submission form including the exact numbers of the old slabs . 

Can I just mail the slabs as is without any window bags or private signing cards? 

It does say items will not be signed without these .

I never heard of window bags before filling out the form and paying and it would be difficult to get them before the signing deadline .

Thanks! 

The signing cards are just the cut-outs that you print out (I think at the bottom of the invoice that you submit) and you're supposed to have it with each comic that you submit. Not sure what happens with slabs (may call CGC or ask the ASK CGC thread). As for the window bags, a few have asked and found that CGC will provide the bag if you are submitting a slab that they have to crack. Otherwise, when you submit non-slabbed books for a signature event, you have to put the comic in a window bag.

On 10/31/2022 at 3:04 PM, 850chris said:

The signing cards are just the cut-outs that you print out (I think at the bottom of the invoice that you submit) and you're supposed to have it with each comic that you submit. Not sure what happens with slabs (may call CGC or ask the ASK CGC thread). As for the window bags, a few have asked and found that CGC will provide the bag if you are submitting a slab that they have to crack. Otherwise, when you submit non-slabbed books for a signature event, you have to put the comic in a window bag.

Yeah best case scenario is you just dont need one when the book is already in a slab .