• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A fun old picture of Geppi with some of his key books...

73 posts in this topic

Somehow I doubt those are actual comics, and probably "display items" he has produced just for these occasions.

Exactly.. look to the right side of the photo for the real Tec ( which incidentally casts no shadow.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif). Besides, the books he is holding are way to small for GA books. Aren't they?

Brad.. was this a botched attempt at photoshop...from your "Early Years?"

The books stacked on the left side look as if they should topple over at any second. And most of the shadows are just...well....plain wrong

Ze-

BTW..nice piece o crahp he has there hanging on the wall behind him.( gossip.gif Which also has no shadow..)

thats a real photo.. but the books hes holding might be props. I sure hope so!! Cause even back 15 years ago I dont think Geppi carelessly handled his best comics. Though I heard he used to keep a Tec 27 laying loosely in one of his desk drawers .... they are just comic books ya know!

The article inside says Geppi is posing on the cover with $250K in comics. It also says that as of the date of publication, the most paid for a single comic was $80K for a copy of 'Tec #27.

Even back then, they were talking about how the audience for comics has shifted to the 15-35 year-old crowd.