• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A fun old picture of Geppi with some of his key books...

73 posts in this topic

Real men simply got the picture or drawing right to begin with, and didn't need any electronic tampering. confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

Oh, I've got boxes of pre-computer stuff down in my basement. Trust me.

painting.jpg

circa 1982 (heavy into Giger at the time.)

From Analog magazine @ 1979...... good ol' rapidograph.....I always thought it looked like a microwave orbiting the planet.

triad.jpg

Was this meant to be a poster for another Food of the Gods movie titled

Microwave Popcorn of the Gods

Come to think of it, the front of the ship looks an awful lot like a Jiffy Pop..... fly close enough to the sun and POP, POP, POP

Perhaps you were hungry at the time? popcorn.gif

And keep the scans coming Brad, with all the Mstrylux threads lately, this is a much needed ,and very enjoyable diversion.

Awesome stuff

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

Man....back in the old days, we all played with comics with no mylars.

Here's an outtake from the session I did for an old Overstreet Ad.

4 or 5 have Mylars to hold them in place and maybe 7 or 8 had boards behind them

and everything else was just thrown on top of each other.

funcomics.jpg

It was from late 1991. The first time the ad saw print was in Overstreet #22 (the Spidey v. Goblin cover issue).

Unfortunately most of the books are now long gone (I was a dealer you know), but I have squirrelled away a few things over the years.

The other books look like they are in mylar so maybe Geppi took them out to prevent glare on the lens? I doubt he would have props like that laying around, why do that when you have enough of the real thing?

Besides he is missing 3 better books from the set, being All American 16, Motion Picture Funnies Weekly and Marvel Comics # 1 October copy

of course they could be Flashback copies - does anyone have a flashback checklist?

besides I like the photo of Geppi and Clinton holding a copy of Fan # 1 - now That's power..