• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disappointed with last submission and turnover

8 posts in this topic

I sent over a Batman #608 9.8 which I paid $800 to get signed and after waiting past 120 days itv came back with a 9.6.  I can’t see the difference. I recently sent in my UPC spawn #1 9.8 and now petrified of how it’s going to come back. 

• Administrator

Hello! We are sorry that your book received a lower grade than you were hoping for.  Unfortunately, there is an inherent risk when a collectible is subjected to additional handling from a signing event, which might result in additional defects and a lower grade.  This is a risk that the customer acknowledges and accepts when they agree to our waiver and the terms and conditions on the submission form. 

We do offer pressing services for all private signings and do encourage customers concerned about additional defects to utilize this service to press out any possible new defects that may have occurred during the signing. 

On 11/5/2022 at 10:03 AM, Mrs. Tux said:

That's some funny :censored: right there!

Yikes.... I get the disappointment. Legal action? They clearly tell us that is a real inherent risk of having a book regraded. I have visions of "The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy in my head....

On 11/5/2022 at 6:59 AM, motaki79 said:

If it’s a regular cadence, whether or not I’m in agreement to the terms I’m entitled to legal action class or non class with due respect. 

Absolutely.  Fire up your legal team, phasers not on stun, and go after these cadence crushing creamers