• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see those tape pulls....
3 3

93 posts in this topic

Spot checking the grading on a recent purchase after arrival today, had a fumble. :cry:

I really hate self sticking bags now :censored:

IMG_9160.JPG.163a12b8aca624a5954981b524fab549.JPG

On 6/3/2023 at 4:59 PM, universal soldier said:

Spot checking the grading on a recent purchase after arrival today, had a fumble. :cry:

I feel your pain.  I did this to a Thor #229 and an X-Men #104 several years ago, except I did them with regular old tape and not self-adhesive bags.  I learned my lessons about removing tape first after doing that. lol.

I would post them in here, but I don't want to look at them again for fear of crying.  I think the Thor would've would've been maybe a 8.0-9.0 and the X-Men maybe an 8.5 without the pull.  I'm still going to replace those suckers with "good" copies eventually. :(

Edited by Telegan

On 6/3/2023 at 5:59 PM, universal soldier said:

Ouch! Yeah, those self-stick bags stink. Whenever I get one it goes straight in the trash.

First book I ever bought that wasn’t fresh off the rack or out of a $1 box. Took it off the counter display stand, paid the princely sum of $25, and flew home. Peeled that extra long strip of tape back, but not off though… not off though. Been over 30 years and it still stings. A brutal lesson for a noob but well learned, tape gets tossed EVERY SINGLE TIME!

IMG_2853.jpeg

Edited by Shazbot

Rebagging and boarding the D's and came across my first ever tape pull. Such a sinking feeling when it happens. That *gasp* is one you never forget...

IMG_9608.JPG.f35610202e39f19474c96fec6975aa59.JPG