• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This How You Pictured The Thing's Insides?

43 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Hopefully not too special: bags of cement or plaster, like this character...

pzvj6avwtqTrpAZfLuUs4o-970-80.jpg

ah yes the meatloaf creature.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, Cat said:

For some reason this bugs me, I'm fine with him having some flesh, but to tango with the Hulk he needs to be far thicker than that. He's got too much flesh, IMO. It does track with that time Wolverine messed up his face though, and it revealed raw tissue underneath which scarred from a single swipe of Logan's claws. 

What do you think of this cut-out from the official Marvel Anatomy book? 

RIOQoXgl.jpg.7aa865b5125fa397656f4bc25c368849.jpg

Rock.  He's a rock man...ALL rock, ALL the time.  A ton of rock. No more, no less. Not cartilage, not bone, but only rock.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, s-man said:

My mind immediately went to John Carpenter when I saw the thread title! 

Anyways, I never really thought about what was under his rocky outer shell, guess I figured he was rock to the core.

Same lol on both parts 

On 11/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, Cushing Fan said:

So the Thing is basically an M&M...

c9d079268755cd72d57fbc641c72f63e.jpg

Thanks for ruining the Thing for me. lol

On 11/15/2022 at 9:00 PM, KirbyJack said:
On 11/15/2022 at 4:25 PM, Mystafo said:

Rock.  He's a rock man...ALL rock, ALL the time.  A ton of rock. No more, no less. Not cartilage, not bone, but only rock.

You must be stoned.

3rd rock from the sun 🌞 party rock 🥌 30 Rock.

:Rocket:et

On 11/15/2022 at 12:06 PM, KirbyJack said:

before anyone can get me started on the Wolverine travesty.

No, no we’re going there, because it’s exactly the point! Stupidest scene ever, and the beginning of the overpowered version of Wolverine. I can’t bore through my stone walls with my diamond drill bit by hand. Wolverine, who does not possess superhuman strength, should not have sufficient force to do what he did. The blow should have glanced off.

He heals super fast, his weapons and skeleton are unbreakable, but his flesh and muscle is ordinary. That was the appeal; very dangerous among human-level powered heroes. The power level distortion began here and I lost interest in where the character went: Another moody, broody loudmouth always telling you what a badass he is, a la Namor.

Finally, after all these years, he got a reasonable depiction in World War Hulk, when he and Colossus tried to keep the Hulk from Prof. X. 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, Cat said:

For some reason this bugs me, I'm fine with him having some flesh, but to tango with the Hulk he needs to be far thicker than that. He's got too much flesh, IMO. It does track with that time Wolverine messed up his face though, and it revealed raw tissue underneath which scarred from a single swipe of Logan's claws. 

What do you think of this cut-out from the official Marvel Anatomy book? 

RIOQoXgl.jpg.7aa865b5125fa397656f4bc25c368849.jpg

Looks like a frickin’ Christmas ham inside! :tonofbricks: