• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE RETURN OF THE BLACK COSTUME........

23 posts in this topic

Am I the only person that thinks Spider-man should get his black costume back. I'm not talking about anything going on in the Ultimate line, I'm thinking of something that follows the continuity of MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #8, ASM 252(MTU 41 and SPECTACULAR 90), and obviously ASM #300(The return of the RED and BLUE). I really liked SPIDEY when he had the Alien Symbiote black costume...complete with organic webbing. It responded to his thoughts, it could transform itself into street clothes. It could hang ITSELF on the chair. It would be great to see the REAL Peter Parker learn to control the alien symbiote. It would also be great to see the venom take control every once in awhile. It could be Marvel's answer to RED KRYTONITE. Maybe I should stop talking.........(don't people get paid for those kind of ideas?) Come on, there could be a guest appearance by the BEYONDER. What do you think?

While we're at it, here's another great idea:

A limited series about an army of Spider clones created to take down Carnage and his crew. It could be called "Maximum Clonage(oops, I think there already was a "maximum clonage")......how about "Maximum crappage" or "Optimum Garbage". grin.gif

And then after that maybe they can bring back the Green Goblin (who died) in video form so he can mess up Peter's life by sending back the Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker clones. Then he can almost kill someone and get all messed up in the head and the Jackyl can come back and then readers will stop buying the comic and start petitioning for the current team to be kicked off the book..and and and..

Brian

Black costume. ugh.

It is coming back, just not on Spidey... look for plenty of Venom in his upcoming series and in the first issue of the relaunched Spectacular Spider-Man this June.

Kev

Forget about Eddie Brock and Cletus. What if the costume NEVER became VENOM, and NOONE ever heard of CARNAGE. What if the costume had truly bonded with Peter Parker. No more web-shooters...........no more looking for somewhere to stash your clothes...........If Parker truly learned to MASTER the powers of the Alien Symbiote, SPIDER-MAN could have become truly AMAZING. I don't want to give the entire story away.......so let me just ask you this: "WHAT IF SPIDER-MAN GAVE UP BEING PETER PARKER?"

Think about it.......then get back to me.

3) Why the heck am I even answering? I collect precode horror!

LMAO grin.gif

Getting back to the black costume, I think the original storyline with Spidey wearing the alien costume from ASM #252 - WOSM #1 was a great follow on from the Secet Wars and it was kinda nice to see Spidey in different duds for a while.

As soon as a raving maniac/ killer (Venom, just for you Pov) started wearing the outfit though, it pretty much ruled out any credible hopes of Peter Parker ever re-doning the suit. grin.gif

Are you telling me you don't recognize raging racial overtones when you read them?

errr - d'oh? Sorry - never read that into it until it was explained. I don;t tend to think ion that direction. Being Sicilian, I have pieces of every race in me and then some (Sicily was a most desireable bit of real estate). The photos of my paternal great grandparents look for all the world like Naitve Americans.