• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will never use CCS again
3 3

51 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2023 at 1:44 PM, lostboys said:

I guess Ive had good results with CCS pressing.

I mean, I get a lot of 9.8s.

Some books kinda look all wavy like the brim of an old ladies church hat... but the slab says 9.8 so...(shrug)

Are most of your books moderns? Just curious.

On 1/19/2023 at 5:52 PM, JL Peralta said:

Are most of your books moderns? Just curious.

Modern and some copper.

I have terrible luck buying raw copper books or I just suck at grading coppers

At this point, I just buy copper books that are already graded.

With moderns I try and buy NM+ raw so theyre a bit easier to grade-guess.

If I see anything minor on the spine, I get it pressed first, just to be sure.

I almost always get the 9.8 but Ive noticed they rarely lay flat in the slab...it triggers my OCD to no end.

The moderns that I dont get pressed almost always lay perfectly flat in the slab.

Not to rehash things, but I posted this awhile back. Since then, I've been a steady customer of @Tony S who is not only an amazing person to talk with and interact with, but a wizard when it comes to C&P! More than 100 comics C&P'd by him at this point and he is my go-to-guy!

On 1/20/2023 at 9:10 PM, joeypost said:

So your saying they are good at pressing 9.8’s into 9.8’s?

"While there are other pressers I have a "special recipe" that I use", that's my favorite line when seeing new pressers pop up. There's no secret recipe, the book allows for whatever is possible, period. It's not magic to turn a 8.0 into a 9.6 if it were a 9.6 that experienced pressable defects to bring it down to a 8.0 to begin with. lol

On 1/21/2023 at 1:10 PM, Phill the Governor said:

"While there are other pressers I have a "special recipe" that I use", that's my favorite line when seeing new pressers pop up. There's no secret recipe, the book allows for whatever is possible, period. It's not magic to turn a 8.0 into a 9.6 if it were a 9.6 that experienced pressable defects to bring it down to a 8.0 to begin with. lol

I also love when they use restorative techniques and try and compare that against a regular CnP. 

On 1/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, joeypost said:

I also love when they use restorative techniques and try and compare that against a regular CnP. 

Don't get me started on the hydrogen peroxide baths. lol

The patience it requires to stay and keep up with pressing to the degree you do, long term, is admirable!

On 1/20/2023 at 9:10 PM, joeypost said:

So your saying they are good at pressing 9.8’s into 9.8’s?

Its more like they turn flat 9.6s into wavy 9.8s.

I wish a good, reliable presser would send me a pm.

I have a what should be 9.4 ASM 300 sitting in a 9.0 slab. Im terrified of allowing CCS to touch it.

On 11/26/2022 at 10:31 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Another glowing testimonial 

Yikes:tonofbricks:

Update! Cracked the slab, sent the book to another presser, submitted again to CGC, and got a grade bump from 8.5 to 9.2. (Confirming my suspicions that the book was never pressed in the first place.)