• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier questions
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I’m getting ready to submit my first set of books to CGC myself.  I’ve always used my LCS in the past but just found out he charges also to send to CGC!  So I have a couple of questions. One of the books I’m sending in is adventure comics 247. Well even at 0.5 cover prices gives it FMV of 700.00 mine Is a 2.0 roughly which FMV per cover price is 1,000.00 but last sale was in 2021. Economy Tier list a max value of 400.00 so if I submit it under economy tier fast track will CGC bump it up to standard Tier and charge me the difference? Or leave it in economy. I’m also submit it Hawkman 4 and house of secrets 92  which depending on grade would also be worth more than 400.00 

Edited by Mike Oliver

Two thoughts...

1. If you choose to submit them under the Economy tier and they get bumped up (which is possible, but not a certainty), you'll get charged the extra but that's it. You're not penalized for using the wrong tier so really you're just paying what you were supposed to anyways. In addition, remember, and I'm unclear on this, but if CGC decides to bump you up to the higher tier, I believe your books  DO NOT get the benefit of getting the higher tier's tat. I very well could be wrong, though.

2. If you use the Economy tier, and CGC damages, loses, or some other way of f'ing up your book(s), which is a very real possibility these days, the most you'll get is $400/book.

Higher tier tat? 
Ok and if they just bump up the one book but not the others will then ship at different times because of different tiers? 
also I know you have to wright on the box of express tiers. Should I wright on the box of standard or Economy tier? And I’m fine taking the risk of the shipping insurance if something happens to the book I’m gambler lol

On 11/24/2022 at 12:08 PM, Mike Oliver said:

Higher tier tat? 
Ok and if they just bump up the one book but not the others will then ship at different times because of different tiers? 
also I know you have to wright on the box of express tiers. Should I wright on the box of standard or Economy tier? And I’m fine taking the risk of the shipping insurance if something happens to the book I’m gambler lol

Turn Around Time -- how long before you get the books back.

Not sure about the different shipments or the writing questions. Someone else will chime in with answers ... except @revat, he'll just tell you to call CS. :devil:

On 11/24/2022 at 9:19 AM, Mike Oliver said:

Gotcha well the next tier is standard tier which TAT is 15 days. And what bout wrighting on the box? 

I believe you only WRITE on the box when it's being submitted as an Express or Walk-thru service ($3000+ books).   So they know to move quickly.

They would likely bump the adventure 247 to express tier price, lately the grading time for both tiers is similar,  all your comics would get return shipped in the same box.  So no multi ship charges.  You are taking a risk of lost or damage when conservatively assigning a value lower than fair market. 

I had an economy submission bumped up to express tier. I haven't checked the grade yet because I like the unboxing surprise but it was an amazing spider-man 300 that I had at 7.0 before pressing. What I am trying to guess is, if 9.6's are selling online for $1100 and 9.8's are 3k, how much does it have to be to jump the standard tier?