• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frustrated with CGC shipping....

40 posts in this topic

Sounds like they might've just drove by. FedEx, from what I've heard, is very good at being not very good.

CGC has stated they went to FedEx as their sole shipper because it's better for us. And they stopped letting us change the delivery on our shipments because it's also better for us. Um, thanks?   (shrug)

So, after taking a look at the form the CGC wants me to fill out, it looks like it could take up to ten days for the changes to take effect. They also can't guarantee the changes will be made for submissions already in progress. 

Looks like I'll have to carve out an hour of my work day to call the CGC again. 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:18 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

or they will just leave the book at your front door while you are out of town and will sign for you 

yep, that happened to me recently 

Of course everyone in the USA has had this problem with all shipping companies.  No one is immune to bad service.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:52 PM, Gaard said:

Sounds like they might've just drove by. FedEx, from what I've heard, is very good at being not very good.

CGC has stated they went to FedEx as their sole shipper because it's better for us. And they stopped letting us change the delivery on our shipments because it's also better for us. Um, thanks?   (shrug)

No it's cheaper for everyone involved.  

Ask someone in PA they hate UPS, but love FedEx.

Ask someone in NY they love UPS, but hate FedEx.

Point being whose service you like varies from person to person and street by street.

My old place I was living at the UPS guy was great, but my new place UPS guy is just ok.

My recommendation is if you are someone who gets a lot of packages from the same shipping company try to be-friend the driver and get their cell number.  IMO much less problems. 

On 11/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, newshane said:

My main argument is that I should have a CHOICE like I was given in the past. 

The book is in the 4 figure range, to answer an earlier question. 

Why didn't I put an alternative address at the time I submitted? I didn't think it was allowed. Oversight on my part that will never happen again. 

If I prefer RM and I'm willing to pay for it, why can't I go that route? That is what is ASININE about this whole process. 

Also seeing a huge drop in customer service. I was put on hold for 20 minutes. That never happened to me back in the day. 

If this is the new CGC, I might tap out. 

In the past 20 years I wanted the choice to just use USPS Priority Mail instead of the worst service in the world RM until years ago I finally started using their UPS ground service.  I just had to go off what was available prior.

You as a personal choice like USPS RM, but thats not what they are offering anymore which you knew that upfront when you submitted your comic to CGC.  So I am not understanding your distain for what you agreed upon to use.  I think you should be more frustrated with your FedEx driver which is out of CGC's control.  CGC can't make the driver follow your "yellow instructions."  If I was in charge of CGC I also would have done away with changing of address post shipment.  IMO there is only so much anyone should do for a customer once any order has been shipped to the address where they indicated on the paperwork.  It's time consuming and sometimes can make a transaction even worse with many other factors like fraud a possibility from a liability standpoint.

You did have a choice here you could have not submitted the book to CGC because of your already known upfront grievances in regards to the shipping.   You also could have selected an over night or 2 day shipping for faster more secured travel. 

I just don't think in this example I can lay blame on CGC for doing what you indicated on your online submission paperwork. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

My point is that I wasn't given a choice on my submission paperwork. It was FedEx or nothing. That's my complaint. The customer's personal choice has been eradicated from the equation. 

Yeah. I effed up, as you so eloquently pointed out. But a great company would work to satisfy the customer. I made a perfectly rational request to have the book rerouted, and my request was flatly denied. I'm not expecting CGC to maintain liability if I sign off on it. Same with FedEx. 

As for the "yellow instructions" what else am I supposed to do when FedEx won't leave a delivery attempt notice?  

On 11/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, newshane said:

As for the "yellow instructions" what else am I supposed to do when FedEx won't leave a delivery attempt notice?  

Post on the Fedex boards or call them?

I also don't think Fedex is wrong for not going on your property past your front door they may not be allowed as per a company liability policy or risk factors.

Combine the time/effort and the potential risk of fraud from changing a shipping address after the fact I think you are missing its more than just a company not going the extra mile its just easier to do away with that policy all together.  It's more of a liability headache than it's worth. 

Well next time just put the address you actually want your invoice to ship to rather than changing it after the invoice has shipped.  You had plenty of time to change it while the book was at CGC, or chose a faster return service.

No one forced you to submit this book so live and learn. :peace:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Opposite for me.  I hate with with a capital "H" registered mail!

Mailed thousands of packages for my comic business over the years, only problem I ever had was with registered mail.  3 separate times with RM shipped by CGC with expensive comics......

1 was lost

1 was stolen at the USPS facility by a USPS worker

1 was almost lost but found later because my local PO at the time neglected to put the box in their actual safe and it was laying on the ground for a full week before they found it.

Also there tracking is very bad.

I would feel safer if you sent me an Action Comics #1 media mail!

For me this was one of the greatest things CGC has done since the company opened it's doors.  My shipping cost is way lower and its now fully insured.  I never had a problem with UPS or Fedex for the most part not obtaining a signature, and if you do just report the driver. 

I'm with you.  I HATED Registered Mail.  Watching the Registered Mail tracking was torture and would take an ungodly length of time to get from Sarasota to California.  For all the protections Registered Mail is supposed to offer, the service was always worst, probably because it travels by vehicle instead of any air service.  I would see my package update (when it actually updated) slowly move across the country.  And then when it would arrive at the local sorting facility, it would just sit there for days.  On multiple occasions I could see the progress updated to "On the Vehicle/Out for Delivery" and I would wait and wait and nothing would arrive.  Check back in at night and it either would update to show it was checked back into the facility or it wouldn't show any updates at all.  Honestly, Registered Mail took 2-3 weeks from when it would leave Sarasota to when I would finally get it.  Compare this to USPS Priority Mail (which is what I always use) and my packages ALWAYS make it cross country in 2 days.  I'll ship something out Friday and it'll be at the destination by Monday.  And to make things worst, Priority Mail is half the cost of Registered Mail.  The argument was that Registered Mail had higher insurance, but I never had an issue with Priority Mail and insured amounts.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, newshane said:

To make things better, just got home and checked...

FedEx didn't leave any sort of card indicating an attempted delivery. I guess they also missed the giant neon yellow note that I left on the door. :facepalm:

What a fecal circus. 

This must be dependant on your FedEx driver.  I get work documents sent to me from Canada fairly consistently.  Just a plain ole 9x12 envelope.  And without fail, I have to sign for it.  There was one time I missed so many delivered dates that I had to go to the sorting facility to pick up the package.  It wasn't a problem when I worked from home, but now that I'm back in the office I end up staying home just to wait for some packages every so often.  Finally told the Canada team to send the documents to our office so at least that's been resolved.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:09 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Post on the Fedex boards or call them?

I also don't think Fedex is wrong for not going on your property past your front door they may not be allowed as per a company liability policy or risk factors. 

Wrong. In fact, that’s the only thing I could change on the FedEx website. You can specifically request delivery to the back door. 

On 11/29/2022 at 4:48 AM, newshane said:

Wrong. In fact, that’s the only thing I could change on the FedEx website. You can specifically request delivery to the back door. 

Well then call and complain the driver did not do his job, but if you were not home anyway how could the driver leave the package anyway without the signature?

I am confused. (shrug)

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/29/2022 at 5:07 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's an understatement. I'm convinced that most of their employees are blind, deaf, and dumb. Not just the drivers.

Again it's all dependent on where you live.

Old place my FedEx driver was terrible at my new place he is great.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Well then call and complain the driver did not do his job, but if you were not home anyway how could the driver leave the package anyway without the signature?

I am confused. (shrug)

The problem is he/she also did not leave an attempted delivery card. 

On 11/29/2022 at 11:56 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

I agree that is something you have a valid point of compliant from.

Did you get your package yesterday or today?

Tracking says it's out for delivery. We will see what happens. 

I'm pretty sure it will end up getting sent back to Florida. Hopefully customer service can help me out by processing the change of address form in time. 

On 11/29/2022 at 12:14 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

:wishluck:

Thanks for the wish. 

I accept responsibilities for the error I made. I just wish the company could be more accommodating after the fact. 

1. Give me a choice for a carrier and don't make it any harder to use one over the other. 

2. I know re-routing can lead to issues, but I should be allowed to make a request if I provide the correct documentation. 

These are my main issues with the CGC. The FedEx is a different story and the situation there detracts from my original complaint. 

I live in a rural area and I'm on a first name basis with the postmaster. Back in the day, my packages came via RM. I could simply make a phone call and have them keep it until the weekend. I'd go down, sign, pick up my package and be on my merry way. I'm going to miss that process. 

I have changed my shipping address to avoid any delivery issues in the future. 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:00 PM, newshane said:

Story comes to a good conclusion thanks to a stroke of luck. 

I managed to beat the FedEx driver to my house. lol 

Book in hand. Lesson learned. 

:cheers: