• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Split this up now!

7 posts in this topic

If you look at his feedback, you'll see where he's getting all the comics in his collection. When he refers to selling over $5000 on eBay, he refers to having six Hulk 181's and selling them in two batches. He sold the three Hulk 181's in Feb 2003 and said in the auction that it was his last three Hulk 181's ( Auction # 2160143967 )

By April 2003, less than two months later, he has managed to purchase another 15 copies in various conditions which he lists in his current auction.

What in God's name are you guys ogling? Is this some kind of Battle Fatigue? TJenitalia would have a better chance of playing "pick-up sticks" with his butt-cheeks than anyone would in trying to get back HALF of their $74K front money for this load of manure. Read between the lines. It's one of those "these books would be worth $.33 Million IF in NM" deals. The AF 15 is useless. It's the same scan of the of the same AF15 with the painted cover that hasn't sold on Ebay, for PEANUTS, in over 5 attempts, and then look at the grades on the other "Keys" (and in reality, you know as well as I do...the VGs are Gs, the Fines are VGs, etc., AT BEST). Bust out the calculator and do some hard calculating. It's garbage at 1/2 the Buy It Now Price.

Hammer -

I don't know, it is not a great deal but it is not that far off either. After a quick look, it seems that the collection is worth $50k, maybe even $60k. If his reserve is $35-40K, it might not be a bad deal to make some money on. That is , of course, his grading is half way accurate. I think people ,like yourself, would be less optimistic about the collection because your books are so high grade ( I am amazed at the books you find, I've never seen anything like it.)

But we will never know what this collection really is , the set is never going to sell.

Tom