• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 28 All Black Cover
2 2

16 posts in this topic

That tanning inside the back cover is severe. I can see it elsewhere too, but not as bad. That's a killer IMO. Along with the creases 5.0/5.5. It presents well, and would look find in the holder, but they're pretty unforgiving of discoloration issues.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:18 AM, scburdet said:

That tanning inside the back cover is severe. I can see it elsewhere too, but not as bad. That's a killer IMO. Along with the creases 5.0/5.5. It presents well, and would look find in the holder, but they're pretty unforgiving of discoloration issues.

Yes, that is my experience as well. I think I will have it professionally cleaned if the price is right. Mainly because despite it's flaws it presents well as you say.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, Mars76 said:

I'm gonna say 6.0 max just because of that severe tanning. That cover looks great and I think will keep it from going lower than a 5.5.

Yes, the interior kills it! But I think I am gonna try to get it cleaned. In the end, it's one of the nicer looking midgrade 28s...

Do the UK editions pull in more value now-a-days than the US versions?

I don't think you can get into the 6.0 range with it as it is.  Right now, I'd see it as 4.5.

On 12/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, Yorick said:

Do the UK editions pull in more value now-a-days than the US versions?

I don't think you can get into the 6.0 range with it as it is.  Right now, I'd see it as 4.5.

No, they seem to either be more plentiful, or in less demand, either way, they run cheaper than the US version.