• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Question

4 posts in this topic

Hello CGC Team,

I am considering the purchase of some "File Copy" books through Metropolis Comics.  Specifically, I want to buy Gaines File Copy issues they have available.  What would be needed in order to submit these books to you in order to get them their proper "Pedigree" status?  Similarly, I have some books which are from the "River City" pedigree I would like to get graded as well.  I have the letter and CoA from A-1 comics to accompany those books when I send them in.

I am building a collection of the pedigree books and this seems to be the most effective way to achieve that goal.  If you could assist me with the best method to ensure the books maintain their provenance I would be grateful.

Thank you!

PDG

• Administrator

Hello! It sounds like you have quite the collection on your hands, and we would be happy to grade your books for you. Most Pedigree books will come with some sort of documentation stating they are from the collection, and we would only need a copy of the documents along with the books. Please only send copies of COAs or documentation as we cannot guarantee that they will be returned with the books. 

On 12/6/2022 at 8:20 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! It sounds like you have quite the collection on your hands, and we would be happy to grade your books for you. Most Pedigree books will come with some sort of documentation stating they are from the collection, and we would only need a copy of the documents along with the books. Please only send copies of COAs or documentation as we cannot guarantee that they will be returned with the books. 

I am absolutely loving this pursuit (with a budget of course).

So, if I understand you correctly, COAs from the original seller (Metropolis and A-1 Comics) would be sufficient for the books to maintain their pedigree.  I just need to make photocopies or scans of the originals.

Thank you @CMatthews!

PDG

• Administrator

Hello @PDGray,

Yes that is correct. As Crystal mentioned, please only send in a copy of the COA and keep the original for your records. In many cases, COAs are not returned after CGC services. Thank you for understanding. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.