• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Covers depicting "Alternative Lifestyles"

99 posts in this topic

There hasn't been a real good "covers" thread in a while. I was scanning in some books, and one in particular struck me as odd. It led me to wonder how many covers out there depict "alternative lifestyles." I mean, look at this .....

wolverine_2_6.jpg

This is not a heterosexual image. It's Nightcrawler, who is seemingly nude, standing in front of a drunk Wolverine, who seems to be thinking: "Let's do this."

(insert disgusted/vomiting graemlin here)

Now I of course feel the need to protect my own heterosexuality; but the point is, I'm just curious (no pun intended) as to how many covers out there can be construed as presenting a homosexual image.

Post em.

I don't know if I agree with that. Perhaps Wolverine is in AA, and Nightcrawler is his sponsor who is dissapointed to find him in a bar.

We see what we want to see Hob... smile.gif

27_laughing.gif I could see your depiction. However, it would be inappropriate for an AA sponsor to walk around bare-assed.

Pillow-Biter Gay.

foreheadslap.gif

From "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" - Rudolph Erich Raspe

The king of the moon called the queen of the moon a pillowbiter when she was not laughing when he was tickling her feet. confused-smiley-013.gif