• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qualified Grade Signature Series book and custom labels
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi CGC

I assume this error in expectation is somewhat on me .....

I submitted an Amazing Spider-man 238 that did not have the Tattooz insert included for the John Romita Jr in house private signing 

The primary reason I submitted this book was to get this book slabbed with the Hobgoblin custom label before it was retired

I just received my submission back today and it came with a green/yellow qualified label which was not the custom label

would it be fair to say that qualified books yellow or otherwise are not able to receive a custom label in any way?

I guess I could have indicated with my submission to have this graded as a defect at a lower grade in order to get the non qualified and custom yellow label, yes?

thanks in advance for any feedback and maybe this can help others in the future 

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

• Administrator

Hello,

You are correct. Only CGC Universal Labels and Signature Series labels are able to receive custom label options. Because your book received a green/yellow label it is not able to receive its custom label request. As for the grade, these requests are entirely up to the grading team. Because of the interior issue, this book would likely receive a qualified label even if you requested a universal label in this case. If you would like to learn more about this and many other grading questions, feel free to check out the CGC Grading Guide on our shop. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.