• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: "LOOKING FOR SOME ACTION?" EDITION is CLOSED!
4 4

117 posts in this topic

Greetings, Gang! Here's hoping everybody's Christmas was as good as mine. 

As mentioned in my last thread, I have a good number of Bitter Disappointments to list this time around, along with some 
perfectly nice low-and mid-grade books, all of them featuring Superboy or Superman. All the disappointments are Action Comics,
and most of those are Golden Age. 

Today, feeling post-holiday lazy, I'm working on a few of the non-Action titles first, and a mere handful at that. I'll have a few more this evening, and start the real push tomorrow. 

But first:

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$10.00  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$17.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER GREATLY PREFERRED, I despise paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/196720-catrick339-nuff-said/#comments

Here we go!

Eighty Page Giant 8, Secret Origins

Flat, tight, square glossy. Bit of minor general wear, tiny tear lower edge BC, light foxing long spine BC.

Rerun from previous threads, so let's price it to MOVE. 

Asking  $40. SOLD!

p8ZGHkR.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Superboy 31

Small split lower spine, tiny corners off lower FC, general wear. 
Flat and tight, bit of gloss left, offwhite - white pages

Asking $25. SOLD!

NBDYY4q.jpg

Edited by catrick339

World's Finest 54

These later issues are a bit tougher, and this one has a folded and stapled spine. 

Chip out lower spine, hint of rust at upper staple, small tears at lower staple, which is hanging on tightly to the back side, 
not so much to the front.  Tiny chips RH edge FC. Otherwise some minor general wear.
Flat, clean, glossy, tight, white pages.

Grab a nice one for $200

p7TJzmq.jpg

Adventure Comics 192
Superboy, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Johnny Quick. Pretty good line up for 40 pages

Several small splits along spine, general wear, small tears at staples on the CF. Cover is still attached, but 
only on the back side of the staples. Flat, clean, decent gloss, offwhite - white pages

O'street G is $50, asking $40

Jl894sH.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Adventure 193
Same line-up as the last issue

Upper spine split to first staple, other minor mayhem along the rest of the spine. Ink FC, general wear. Couple tears BC, small water upper LH BC
Cover and CF still firmly attached, bit of gloss left, white pages

Your for $30

QertGR2.jpg

Adventure 219

Well, it dropped from 40 pages to 32, and we lost Johnny Quick along the way. Sigh...at least it has a classic DC gorilla cover.

Some annoying ten year old traced Superboy's outline on the FC with a sharp pencil, and embossed it right into the paper.
Daggone kids...general wear with dogears lower RH FC. Flat, tight spine and CF,  bit of gloss offwhite pages.

Asking $25

3UMp1uw.jpg

Adventure 237

Small tear lower edge FC, bit of general wear, chip out LH edge BC, otherwise flat, tight, clean, good gloss, white pages

Asking $25  SOLD!

zvyR1Wj.jpg

Edited by catrick339

That's it for the evening. I'm having a holiday lunch tomorrow with a bunch of comic book buddies, if I don't get too liquored up
I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with a handful of Supermans, one 40's book, two 50's books, and two 60's books. 
None of them are true Bitter Disappointments, although one of the 50's books is pretty rough. 

Ahh, but tomorrow night!  Bitter Disappointment after Bitter Disappointment as I start in on GA Actions, beginning with 
a coverless copy of issue 21! 
Pieces and parts collectors take note. 

Howdy Gang, Superman Fun this afternoon.

Superman 43

Technically solid, but I suspect the RH edge of the FC has been trimmed, and you can see the soiling FC.  Staples
rusty with some migration lower one, chip out lower edge BC. Large light dogears upper LH BC. General wear. 
Flat and tight, white pages.
If it doesn't sell here I'll send it out for a press and a cleaning.

Asking $175. SOLD!

QHrAqMe.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Superman 87

Maybe a step up from  Rough reader. Maybe not too, lol 
Pulled lower staple, tears and split right there too.  Tears at upper staple. Small pieces out lower edge BC.Several small tears BC
Light water stain  lower edge FC and BC. Old holes along spin from bonus staples,  now removed. Suspected trim RH edge FC. 
Interior is tight with white pages. 

Solid reader for $75

ZAATAYK.jpg

Superman 95
Last precode issue

Complete Cover ONLY, chip out BC at lower staple, tape along interior. I found it wrapped along a Superman 78, lol 

Asking $30

P2G9DTQ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Superman 78

Coverless complete. Detached first fold, with tape inside. Balance of book is nice, tight with white pages

Asking $35

nA9vAyK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Superman 199
First Superman VS Flash race

Flat, tight, good gloss, clean, white pages. Bit of general wear, with color breaks along the spine. Light dogear upper RH FC,
most of it would press out.  A sharp copy.

Asking $125 SOLD!

xxsLlAv.jpg

Edited by catrick339