• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member, question regarding this whole process

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently came across a large number of comic cards from my childhood home (luckily protected in their binders for the last 30ish years).  This includes most full basic sets and limited edition/holograms/special cards from Marvel Universe (1992-1994), Marvel Masterpiece (1992-1994), X-men series 1-2 (1992-1993), Fleer Ultra (1994-1995), Marvel Annual Flair (1994-1995).  In total, we are probably talking about 1000+ unique cards (i didn't officially count yet).

I found this website and saw that there was a way to get the cards graded which will then allow me to potentially list them for sale (I am assuming based on their quality after review).

I need advice on what would be the best way to sign up for membership and organize each card for sending them for review.  If I am understanding this process correctly, it will be insanely time consuming to document each card individually and very expensive to do this to every card (I think I was seeing one option for grading and official sleeve creation at $15 a card, so $15,000 if I did every card as a minimum estimate).

Has anyone else gone through this process and if so, if you could please shed some light on what appears to be an overwhelming task? I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Looking forward to ongoing discussions.

Sincerely,

Marc

• Administrator

Hello Marc,

If you are looking to submit all of this collection, please send me an email at service@cgccards.com. Please include the actual total of cards are going to submit and a brief description of the collection. Once I have this I will send this over to our Sales Representative to review. Currently the best price we could offer you is $13.50 per card (this is with the Elite Membership) however if you wish to submit the entire collection for grading, our Sales team may be able to offer you a better deal as well as some other benefits. In the mean time, let us know if you have any other questions. I look forward to your email. 

On 1/3/2023 at 10:25 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello Marc,

If you are looking to submit all of this collection, please send me an email at service@cgccards.com. Please include the actual total of cards are going to submit and a brief description of the collection. Once I have this I will send this over to our Sales Representative to review. Currently the best price we could offer you is $13.50 per card (this is with the Elite Membership) however if you wish to submit the entire collection for grading, our Sales team may be able to offer you a better deal as well as some other benefits. In the mean time, let us know if you have any other questions. I look forward to your email. 

Matt,

Thank you so much for your response.  I am in review of everything and will send you an organized list as soon as I can.  I greatly appreciate your time and linking me to the potential for a better deal/benefits.

Marc