• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2023 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
11 11

581 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2023 at 6:50 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Thanks to @Agents Of Slabs for attending Megacon Orlando and facilitating. Scooby Doo #3 signed with a Shaggy Remarque on the monster by Mike Decarlo and signed by Andrew Pepoy. One day I'll add Joe Staton's Remarque. There is only one other Scooby Doo #3 in the signature series. It is a 9.8 and a direct edition. This is a 8.5 and Newsstand. I own both issues. Hopefully no one submitted a #3 for the Joe Staton private signing or my record will crumble lol.

Scooby Doo #16 back in 2019 was signed and Remarqued by Joe Staton of a Scooby. It was sent off with a facilitator and unluckily it was the ONLY show that year his wife Hilarie had a previous engagement. So I had to have it cracked out in Baltimore 2019 for her to sign. At this year's Megaton Orlando, @Agents Of Slabs was able to add Mike Decarlo and a Shaggy Remarque. 

20230504_191622.jpg

20230504_191749.jpg

Still fun to see covers that reflect the insides, word bubbles and all! Zoinks! Congrats on getting new material, and staying faithful to subject matter. That looks like fun, that and attainable.  :x

On 5/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still fun to see covers that reflect the insides, word bubbles and all! Zoinks! Congrats on getting new material, and staying faithful to subject matter. That looks like fun, that and attainable.  :x

Thank you, I'm slowly building a CGC registry of Signature Series Scooby books from this series as it was my childhood series. Part of the challenge is hunting down the books raw again, my childhood set has long since been autographed by Joe Staton and various other writers and artist over the span of a 5 year period. If I can ever figure out how to use the old registry on my phone, I'd upload pictures to it of the slabs.

I know I'll probably never complete that registry set, but I can get the satisfaction of trying. It's not exactly a set that can be bought off of eBay or an auction house. There are currently 16 books signature series from that series in signature series. I only don't own two of them and I have never seen them pop up on eBay #1 & #125.

The hunt is on!

On 5/5/2023 at 7:30 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Thank you, I'm slowly building a CGC registry of Signature Series Scooby books from this series as it was my childhood series. Part of the challenge is hunting down the books raw again, my childhood set has long since been autographed by Joe Staton and various other writers and artist over the span of a 5 year period. If I can ever figure out how to use the old registry on my phone, I'd upload pictures to it of the slabs.

I know I'll probably never complete that registry set, but I can get the satisfaction of trying. It's not exactly a set that can be bought off of eBay or an auction house. There are currently 16 books signature series from that series in signature series. I only don't own two of them and I have never seen them pop up on eBay #1 & #125.

The hunt is on!

Here is some help if your asking?

If your tec savvy enough to download Microsoft office lense?

Basically search your phone for the Google play app, type in Microsoft office lense, hit download, then open and use.

It's helpful for after taking a pick, under th bottom of screen options in the app choose document when taking a pic. You can then easily crop the image, save,

2)log in to registry click on the cert number in your sets with books, hit choose file and choose the pic for upload 

Lol sounds like a lot but you get used to it!

You obtain enough, and have enough currently to get in the swing of things, so when you learn it'll be old hat after a while.

Or just open the photo on your phone, take the best pic you can and follow number 2

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

More importantly @cgcsketcherz thanks for doing what you've done so far, cause uploading here is fun enough for us, and is appreciated . You do half the stuff on the boards that you would do on the registry, and already take quality pics.

Thank you for letting us enjoy! ^^

On 5/6/2023 at 3:07 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Updated Art:

In 2019 Joe Staton did a Velma reading mad magazine infinity cover. Later in 2019, BJ Ward was added to it.

Chiller Theatre April 2022, Rich Henn added Mindy Cohn for me.

Fun fact, the new magazine cases allow for extra characters when noting signatures so they can add to the back. Had I made a unboxing video, it would have been rather funny since I thought it was left off after a year wait. Glad I flipped it over before emailing CGC lol.

20230506_160057.jpg

Awesome!

On 5/6/2023 at 4:07 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Updated Art:

In 2019 Joe Staton did a Velma reading mad magazine infinity cover. Later in 2019, BJ Ward was added to it.

Chiller Theatre April 2022, Rich Henn added Mindy Cohn for me.

Fun fact, the new magazine cases allow for extra characters when noting signatures so they can add to the back. Had I made a unboxing video, it would have been rather funny since I thought it was left off after a year wait. Glad I flipped it over before emailing CGC lol.

20230506_160057.jpg

Sweet! 

AND

WHEW! [CBS] - Episode 3 | NGC: Net Game Central

On 5/8/2023 at 2:25 AM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

I make boys cry #1 sketched by Elias Chatzoudis. I was fortunate to be on his comission list for last year's NYCC. He did a spectacular job and this is a keeper for sure. Special shoutout to @Rich_Henn for picking his up for me at the show. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3bd8fc6d8a2b4b2ed4760935c08ed413.jpeg

Awesomeness 

On 5/8/2023 at 1:25 AM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

I make boys cry #1 sketched by Elias Chatzoudis. I was fortunate to be on his comission list for last year's NYCC. He did a spectacular job and this is a keeper for sure. Special shoutout to @Rich_Henn for picking his up for me at the show. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3bd8fc6d8a2b4b2ed4760935c08ed413.jpeg

:drool: