• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2023 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
11 11

581 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, ANDY CARREON said:

My treasure! Me and Stan

StanLeeAC.jpg

Wow!? That doc Oct really looks like he's "out over the city" like you would see in some promo art  :x

With the read eyes to boot!

On 7/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, ivdyer said:

With all the Wolverine news as of late thought it would be fitting to unveil this Ash piece.  He wanted to do the adamantium skeleton and decided to combine that with one my favorite stills from the movie and comics…….

IMG_6624.thumb.jpeg.d171bc3531b650fa0a28fe178fa3c6c1.jpegIMG_6623.thumb.jpeg.bd882913bd88cf050f5bc1b7cbaaed1c.jpeg

That's killer!

I have only ever submitted twice to CGC's private signings. Each time, it came from the same person I had requested on the boards.

Joe Staton, doesn't disappoint with this remarque. One of the many reasons why I enjoy getting remarques from Joe is no two are ever the same, and when he does the private signings, he goes all out. 

20230714_144413.jpg

On 7/17/2023 at 11:32 PM, DELTA 62 said:

I was inspired by all of the Scooby-Doo sketches @cgcsketcherz has been posting all these times that I had to jump on the chance of my own Scooby-Doo Joe Staton sketch/remarque from his recent in-house signing!  

image.png.cce8a80ff7fde63b42353a5fabc42b35.png

It came out great @DELTA 62 welcome to the Scooby-Doo Sketch Club!

At this point, Joe doesn't question too much when I ask for something Scooby related and usually just laughs before quoting a price. He doesn't remember my name yet but then again, 95%+ of what I get through him gets done through a range of facilitators (6 and counting so far). He knows Par2ch well enough now to ask him what Scooby idea are we doing today whenever he sees him. Although I did throw Joe off my last convention when I wanted the set of remarques of the whole gang and wanted the Mystery Machine included. First time Joe ever did a double take. He must not get too many requests for the Mystery Machine as he asked, "You mean you want the van?"

I've been pretty lucky with different artists willing to team up Scooby with something they are more known for. Almost always they share it is their first time doing Scooby, say "That's going to be fun", or "Oh I loved Scooby growing up you want the original Scooby right not apocalypse version". 35 different artist and 83 sketch covers (including a few at CGC currently) & a few paper sketches later not including remarques it has been a long fun journey. A couple artist years later when I was finally able to see them in person for those I commissioned online thanked me saying it pushed them out of their comfort zone and they started doing a few cartoon type prints that has gotten others interested in their art. 

I'm almost at the point where I've gotten every artist on my initial bucket list from when the journey first started. (Albeit then I see a new artist do work at a convention in artist alley or find an artist putting a Scooby sketch cover for sale online... but that's another story I'm sure many of us have fallen into when on instagram, at a convention, or visiting an art website.) 

I have only struck out once with an artist who shall remain nameless. 2024 will probably look different if I finally accomplish a major grail and that might just finalize the Scooby collection with a few exceptions from my artist friend Matt Parton, or the last hold outs from my initial grail list. 

I'll leave you with my favorite Scooby meme as it relates to one of my all-time favorite Scooby sketch covers.20201019_203538.thumb.jpg.d37c3cbd6d20301e744509ecf12f918b.jpg

Happy collecting

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 12.17.42 PM.png

Edited by cgcsketcherz
Typo

On 7/18/2023 at 12:26 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

It came out great @DELTA 62 welcome to the Scooby-Doo Sketch Club!

At this point, Joe doesn't question too much when I ask for something Scooby related and usually just laughs before quoting a price. He doesn't remember my name yet but then again, 95%+ of what I get through him gets done through a range of facilitators (6 and counting so far). He knows Par2ch well enough now to ask him what Scooby idea are we doing today whenever he sees him. Although I did throw Joe off my last convention when I wanted the set of remarques of the whole gang and wanted the Mystery Machine included. First time Joe ever did a double take. He must not get too many requests for the Mystery Machine as he asked, "You mean you want the van?"

I've been pretty lucky with different artists willing to team up Scooby with something they are more known for. Almost always they share it is their first time doing Scooby, say "That's going to be fun", or "Oh I loved Scooby growing up you want the original Scooby right not apocalypse version". 35 different artist and 83 sketch covers (including a few at CGC currently) & a few paper sketches later not including remarques it has been a long fun journey. A couple artist years later when I was finally able to see them in person for those I commissioned online thanked me saying it pushed them out of their comfort zone and they started doing a few cartoon type prints that has gotten others interested in their art. 

I'm almost at the point where I've gotten every artist on my initial bucket list from when the journey first started. (Albeit then I see a new artist do work at a convention in artist alley or find an artist putting a Scooby sketch cover for sale online... but that's another story I'm sure many of us have fallen into when on instagram, at a convention, or visiting an art website.) 

I have only struck out once with an artist who shall remain nameless. 2024 will probably look different if I finally accomplish a major grail and that might just finalize the Scooby collection with a few exceptions from my artist friend Matt Parton, or the last hold outs from my initial grail list. 

I'll leave you with my favorite Scooby meme as it relates to one of my all-time favorite Scooby sketch covers.20201019_203538.thumb.jpg.d37c3cbd6d20301e744509ecf12f918b.jpg

Happy collecting

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 12.17.42 PM.png

:x