• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from the honeymoon. Did I miss anything?

48 posts in this topic

Welcome back, Scott. Hope you and the Missus had a great time. Surprisingly, it has been relatively quiet here, except for a spectacular meltdown by mstryinspc, but no one gives a s--t about him anyways, so...

Scott where did you stay in Turks.

We stayed at Point Grace on the island of Providenciales. Great small, boutique hotel! It was probably the nicest hotel room (more like a condo, as it had a separate bedroom, living room, and kitchen and a private deck) I've ever stayed in. P. Diddy (or "Diddy" as I guess he's calling himself these days) was there for about a week of our stay, but I didn't manage to run into him. He apparently pizzed off a couple of our newly-made friends who had a suite below him, by blasting Michael Jackson's "Thriller" on the CD player on repeat at 4:00 a.m. after passing out from a night of partying.

The diving was fine, but nothing spectacular. The visibility was craap for most of the dives and neither of our regular cameras were working so we had to buy disposable cameras that don't take good photos. frustrated.gif But even so-so diving is fun when the water is 85 degrees at depth and when there's lots of coral and coral-dwellers to look at. cloud9.gif

Liz and I both got certified on Nitrox while we were there. Our instructor was John Garvin, who is one of the world's top technical divers. He wrote a great article that you can read HERE about his deepest dive ever, when he was one of the two bottom divers who provided technical diving support to Tanya Streeter's world record free dive to 160 meters (512 feet). John is not only a top technical diver and instructor -- he is also an accomplished stage actor who previously spent time as an actor on London's West End. He wrote an island-themed parody of Cinderella for the community theater on Providenciales, and Liz and I went to see the final full dress rehearsal on Thursday night. cloud9.gif

In the airport on the way home, I picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker blue label as a thank you gift for Liz's father for the low low price of $125! headbang.gif

And no, Mark, Liz is not pregnant. Not to my knowledge, anyway. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

small world. I stayed there a few years back when my buddy got married on the beach at that hotel. You were in the one with the little pool in the center of the hotel right? not the larger hotel further to the left (facing the water)? It had a great massage shack there too. As a matter of fact, your desription sounds like the rom setup we had too. Nice place.