• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2022 Just hours left!!!! select your entries!

24 posts in this topic

The Best of 2022 submission period is underway and closes on Sunday, January 15th at midnight EST. Click Here to select your entries!

The "Best Of" competition provides CAF Collector's the opportunity to highlight their 5 most important acquisitions from the prior year. After the submission period ends, CAF's community votes on the artworks that they feel are the most compelling from the eleven possible categories. Once the voting period closes we tally the results to see which artworks are awarded the Best of 2022. While the Best Of might seem like a competition, this truly is a celebration of our hobby and we encourage all collectors to submit five important pieces that they added to their CAF in 2022. 

TIMELINE:

Posting Entries Begins: Wednesday Jan 4th

Posting Ends: Sunday, Jan 15th at 11:59 PM EST

Voting starts Monday, January 16th

Voting end Monday, January 30th at 11:59 PM EST

Winners to be announced on our special 20th Anniversary Live Stream, Tuesday, February 7th at 9pm EST! Like last year we will also have trophies for all those collectors honored that evening!

The 11 Categories:

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Covers

Published/Unpublished Interior Panel Pages

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Splashes, Title Pages

Published/Unpublished Double Page Splashes and Spreads

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Pin-Ups, Illustrations, Trading Cards 

Published/Unpublished Strip Art

Published/Unpublished Commissions/Recreations

Unpublished Sketch Covers/Convention Sketches

Published/Unpublished Media artwork (Music, TV, Movie)

Published/Unpublished Non-Comic Covers, Pin-ups, Illustrations, Gaming Art 

Published/Unpublished Other

If you are logged into CAF, Click Here to Submit Your Top 5 Pieces from 2022!

You'll be able to Preview the submissions to the Best of 2022 Here!

The annual "Best Of" competition has been hosted on ComicArtFans.com for many years in the Lowry Gallery. For a brief history of the Lowry Gallery please click here. When the Best Of began it was only available to Lowry members, but starting in 2019 the competition is now open to all CAF Members. Those Members who choose to participate will be able to submit up to 5 "Best Of" entries which keeps this in line with the Lowry's original mission of highlighting the best artworks in your collection, and voting for all 11 categories begins on 1/16/2023.

Start posting your entries NOW!!!!

Message me if you have any questions.

Edited by Brian Peck

On 1/13/2023 at 4:19 PM, Brian Peck said:

Just over two days left to post your Best of 2022 entries!!!!

About 1500 entries so far, lets see some more art.

I'm in! Not with a lot, but I'm there!

On 1/13/2023 at 4:32 PM, Brian Peck said:

The whole idea for people people to share what they acquired over the year so others can see the great stuff they missed when originally posted.

So do they have a big section showing all the entries when they announce the winners? This is my first year back on CAF, so I’ve never participated.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, Dr. Balls said:

So do they have a big section showing all the entries when they announce the winners? This is my first year back on CAF, so I’ve never participated.

Each category will list which each piece received and show the winning piece. Before that Bill will have a live show presenting the Best of 2022 Awards.

On 1/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, Brian Peck said:

Ty for the links. But I’d still like to know where/how to get to them. It doesn’t seem glaringly obvious (or is it and I’m just missing ?)

On 1/14/2023 at 1:47 AM, G.A.tor said:

Ty for the links. But I’d still like to know where/how to get to them. It doesn’t seem glaringly obvious (or is it and I’m just missing ?)

What do you need to get to? First link is the list of what you can submit from and the 2nd is what everyone has submitted..

On 1/14/2023 at 6:17 AM, Brian Peck said:

What do you need to get to? First link is the list of what you can submit from and the 2nd is what everyone has submitted..

What if I wasnt on this board but just a caf user. How would I even know the best of was going on? It’s not obvious from the caf main page?

On 1/14/2023 at 7:51 AM, G.A.tor said:

What if I wasnt on this board but just a caf user. How would I even know the best of was going on? It’s not obvious from the caf main page?

As far as I can tell, the only two spots it's being referenced on the main CAF page are under the Galleries pull down menu and at the site map schematic at the bottom of the page. CAF could definitely benefit from a large banner promoting the Best Of at the top for people to engage with.

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 8.35.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 8.35.45 AM.png

On 1/14/2023 at 9:51 AM, G.A.tor said:

For me, the part of the home page I probably interact with the most is the "Your Account & Collection" dropdown, where the "Enter Best of 2022" is clearly highlighted

image.thumb.png.d6d672652941220dfd261c80bfc9d405.png

On 1/14/2023 at 6:51 AM, G.A.tor said:

Bill Cox sends out weekly emails about CAF and Best of 2022 info was included. Main CAF page has News @ Comicartfans which included that. Plus the links on CAF posted about by other board members above. I post on comicarrt-l email list, plus Facebook groups Original Comic Art Collector and Art Collecting Addicts.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:33 PM, Brian Peck said:

Bill Cox sends out weekly emails about CAF and Best of 2022 info was included. Main CAF page has News @ Comicartfans which included that. Plus the links on CAF posted about by other board members above. I post on comicarrt-l email list, plus Facebook groups Original Comic Art Collector and Art Collecting Addicts.

I’ve never gotten an email 

On 1/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, Brian Peck said:

I contacted Bill Cox and he sends it out to all who subscribe to the newsletter.

You can subscribe here:

https://www.comicartfans.com/newsletter-signup.asp

Erm... how are you supposed to vote for these on CAF? Like them? How do you keep track of pre-existing likes vs Likes from the contest? Does it matter?