• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shortboxed Live Sunday May 7, 2023, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara Convention Center!
2 2

58 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2023 at 5:08 PM, shortboxed said:

Here's the full dealer lineup :jawdrop:

SBX-SBXLIVE23-1080x1350-Dealers.jpg

I will be there so save a ticket at the door for Harold. Best dealer line up in 20 years.

I am surprised Vincent won't be there did you reach out to him? 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:36 PM, woowoo said:

I will be there so save a ticket at the door for Harold. Best dealer line up in 20 years.

I am surprised Vincent won't be there did you reach out to him? 

We only invited dealers who sell on Shortboxed! There's already a long waitlist for next year's show :) 

3 weeks to go! A couple random tidbits:

Discounted hotel room block has sold out! Got some awesome collectors traveling in from all over the country. Rooms are still available at the hotel at the regular rate.

Lee Hester has a customer with "around $100,000 worth of nice slabs going back to the Golden Age that he’s looking to sell" and will be in his booth. 

Alan Bahr is bringing some Okajimas that he's never brought to market.

We've also released the full main stage agenda. There will be a stage in the middle of the room with content throughout the day, so you can take breaks from digging to enjoy some great talks. More details at shortboxed.com/live 

Tickets will be available at the door at 11:00am but highly suggest buying advance tickets to guarantee entry and you'll get in earlier at 10:00am. 

SBX-SBXLIVE23-Speaker-Announcement-1A (1).jpg

On 4/17/2023 at 2:15 PM, shortboxed said:

We only invited dealers who sell on Shortboxed! There's already a long waitlist for next year's show :) 

3 weeks to go! A couple random tidbits:

Discounted hotel room block has sold out! Got some awesome collectors traveling in from all over the country. Rooms are still available at the hotel at the regular rate.

Lee Hester has a customer with "around $100,000 worth of nice slabs going back to the Golden Age that he’s looking to sell" and will be in his booth. 

Alan Bahr is bringing some Okajimas that he's never brought to market.

We've also released the full main stage agenda. There will be a stage in the middle of the room with content throughout the day, so you can take breaks from digging to enjoy some great talks. More details at shortboxed.com/live 

Tickets will be available at the door at 11:00am but highly suggest buying advance tickets to guarantee entry and you'll get in earlier at 10:00am. 

SBX-SBXLIVE23-Speaker-Announcement-1A (1).jpg

I bought a ticket online. I wanted to wait because I am a mechanic and always get emergency calls.

I went to the show to see @G.A.torand @MrBedrock The books at the show were overpriced for what I want. I can't buy a low-grade Fantasy 15 for 35k. Prices have got to the point that when you let something nice go it will cost you more to replace. I did love what books I did see felt like old times with new time prices.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:48 PM, woowoo said:

I went to the show to see @G.A.torand @MrBedrock The books at the show were overpriced for what I want. I can't buy a low-grade Fantasy 15 for 35k. Prices have got to the point that when you let something nice go it will cost you more to replace. I did love what books I did see felt like old times with new time prices.

It was great seeing you, Harold. I wish we could have talked a little more, but it was crazy busy.

On 5/7/2023 at 6:57 PM, MrBedrock said:

It was great seeing you, Harold. I wish we could have talked a little more, but it was crazy busy.

would have loved looking at your stuff more. It was great to see an old timer that still loved books of all types. Thank you, Richard, hope you had a great time.

Had a great time, picked up a whole pile of Golden Age including some Captain Marvel's, Early Batman's some great LB Cole Covers, pre-code horror and more-- really top notch books.   Got some great deals from @TerrysComics and Bunky Bros.   Really enjoyed this show.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:48 PM, woowoo said:

Welcome to the thunder dome! Thanks for coming and good to meet you in person 

I’ve been on the road and couldn’t make the show. But a buddy sent me a couple of pictures. I don’t know whose wall this was but some awsome books that I probably wouldn’t have bought anyway.

I’m probably a bit out of touch but $800. For a MM 52 in that shape with the center fold out seems a little steep to me. (shrug)

IMG_9267.jpeg

IMG_9262.jpeg

IMG_9264.jpeg