• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I confess it! I won a Liefeld 2 page Spread on eBay tonight - Mock Away!

13 posts in this topic

Hey, at least you didn't pay that much smile.gif

I know - that's about the cheapest piece of art I've bought for myself in the past 2 months. His stuff usually has a few more bidders than that - I guess I should be greatful it ended on a monday night.

today is tuesday news.gif

Could possibly be not much competition for 'those type' of pages. stooges.gif

Seriously though, a 2 page spread for about $100 is a steal.

2page Liefeld spread = $110

Frame = $100

Smacking your buddies in the back of the head because they have a poster on their wall instead of a nice piece of OA= priceless

would be a nice piece to bump the "SPREAD EM" thread with

I was just looking at your gallery, you have some great stuff. I really like that JG Jones prelim.

Thanks Aubie, I appreciate that. The prelim was nice on the fanfare website - but it was even better when I got it in person. JG Jones' pencil work is amazing - I really think he will rival Alex Ross in popularity in the next couple of years (especially if "52" does well- that will be an extra JG Jones cover each week for a year!!!!!!!!!!).

I've only been at this seriously the past year since I started grad school. I was trying to pull off a big deal for a page I have been wanting for quite a while this weekend, but it fell through, so this isn't too bad of a consolation (and a lot cheaper smile.gif).

Luckily the page is mostly head shots so you can't see how out of proportion their bodies are. grin.gif

Good point - when I was looking at it - I was like - wow, Liefeld's stuff doesn't look this bad on this page smile.gif.

no mocking here. $100 for 2 pages doesn't sound bad for something that doesn't show the "worst" of liefield. seriously, i don't think his stuff was bad on hawk & dove or new mutants and took a little while to morph into absurdity on x-force.

how come all of his faces look the same though? seriously, doesn't matter if you're black, white or green, everyone has the same nose, the same cheekbones, etc., like everyone went to the same plastic surgeon.

laziness, that's all it is.