• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can CGC grade and slab TRADE PAPERBACKS ?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I was lucky to buy one of the CBLDF JLA/AVENGERS tpb.  I phone CGC to see what was the largest/thickest slab they could do and the lady who answered didn't really have an answer.

This was months ago - but I just saw a listing for an auction of a CGC 9.8 of this tpb but had no actual pictures of the item.

So searching the cgc census - I find what looks like a listing.

What does this cost? 

How do I submit for this? 

Is it all TPBs?

• Administrator

Hello @PDidds,

Great questions! We do grade trade paperbacks that fit within the dimensions suitable for our holders. Comics holders will accommodate books up to 10-1/2" tall x 7-5/8" wide x 1/4" thick. Magazine holders will accommodate books up to 11-1/2" tall x 8-7/8" wide x 1/2" thick. The size of your book will determine whether you submit it as a Comic or Magazine. Under the Comic or Magazine category, you can choose the grading tier that best suits your book type and value. Grading fees at $24.00(comics)/ $32(magazines) per book for a modern-age book (1975 to present). These tiers provide up to $400 insurance per item.  The grading fee goes up depending on the declared/insured value of the item. You can view fees here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

While many trade paperbacks (within these dimensions) will qualify for grading, the final determination of eligibility is at the discretion of the grading team. The census is a great reference to determine if we have graded other copies of the same book. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. Have a great day!