• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Top Comics?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first time use CGC chat, hope post on correct board. Recently I got a comic called Top Comics: Tom and Jerry #1, but when I lgoogle Top Comics, I only know it was published by KK publication, it is a reprint, and top comics: Tom and Jerry series only has three comics as shown below.

So my question is, why KK publication, or Western publishing wants to publish top comics series and what is Top Comics? Because its imprint gold key had already continued publishing tom and jerry series since 1962, which is the time they separated with DELL. Besides, I couldn't find the other two comics from CGC Census.

Further more, I saw there are several titles by Top comics, eg Bugs Bunny, Uncle Scrooge, Woody Woodpecker. They also only have one comics under title Top Comics in CGC Census, while I found  several more series in eBay.

Top Comics Tom and Jerry (1967) comic booksK.K. Publications / Gold Key Top Comics Tom & Jerry # 3. 1967. Good-Very  Good | eBayTop Comics Tom & Jerry #2 (K.K. Publications, 1967) | eBay

屏幕截图_20230110_162558.png

They were published by Western, the same company behind Gold Key/ Whitman.  They were sold in multipacks, which is why the individual issues don't have prices.  I found some of them at a Toys R Us sometime around 1990 (sorry I can't narrow it down further) and to my regret, only bought one of the bags, which I opened. But the bag was decades old at the point I found it, even if it was being sold as new... they must have had copies sitting in a warehouse forever.