• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AS Superman #1 - perfect!

65 posts in this topic

just picked this up, and it's absoluetly the best take on the character I've ever read. Perfect blend of everything that was good about the Silver Age, the first movie, and current comic sensibilities.

I can't wait to re-read it. thumbsup2.gif

just picked this up, and it's absoluetly the best take on the character I've ever read. Perfect blend of everything that was good about the Silver Age, the first movie, and current comic sensibilities. If only ASBatman was 1/100th this good...

THIS TIME THEY GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!

BUY

THIS

BOOK

I like Quitely's style but the cover seems a little well freaky to me. Sups just looks like a big goofy kid sitting there looking down. I am looking forward to reading it though.

I'd rather him look like a big goofy kid than acting like one the way he has the past few years in the regular books.

absolutely dead on...

Was Luthor the best you have seen him in years...

Quitely is an absolute master. When I finished the book I had to make sure it was 12 issues...THANK GOD IT IS NOT LESS!!!!!!!

Also, anyone that loved this...check out WE3 one of the best books I have ever read and by the same team!!!

absolutely dead on...

Was Luthor the best you have seen him in years...

Quitely is an absolute master. When I finished the book I had to make sure it was 12 issues...THANK GOD IT IS NOT LESS!!!!!!!

Also, anyone that loved this...check out WE3 one of the best books I have ever read and by the same team!!!

We3 is, to me, the best mini of the decade so far.

Yeah, WE3 is one of those books you have to revisit again and again. Definitely a classic.

Totally. headbang.gif

But, then again, I love anything crazy Grant does. My favorite long-running book of the nineties is far and away The Invisibles. No contest on that one. Even Sandman takes a considerable backseat to it, IMO.

Loved We3, loved his doom patrol and animal man runs, and I even enjoyed The Filth, which I gather most folks hated.

Haven't got my copy of AS Superman yet, but I'm thinking I can swing by the LCS tomorrow. grin.gif

Yeah, WE3 is one of those books you have to revisit again and again. Definitely a classic.

Totally. headbang.gif

But, then again, I love anything crazy Grant does. My favorite long-running book of the nineties is far and away The Invisibles. No contest on that one. Even Sandman takes a considerable backseat to it, IMO.

Loved We3, loved his doom patrol and animal man runs, and I even enjoyed The Filth, which I gather most folks hated.

Haven't got my copy of AS Superman yet, but I'm thinking I can swing by the LCS tomorrow. grin.gif

Loved WE3! And was totally into The Filth! blush.gifthumbsup2.gif

Invisibles thumbsup2.gif

Several years ago I met Phil Jimenez and he was sketching dinosaurs (lol) I wanted a King Mob, so he did a King Mob Dino for me

If I knew how to post a pic from photobucket on these boards I would throw it on for ya...one of the more interesting sketches I own...

any help?

We3 is, to me, the best mini of the decade so far.

I agree but can also vote for "Chosen". thumbsup2.gif

Before he went on hiatus Millar announced a Chosen sequel as a definite for Millarworld 2. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif The original had such a great "slap in the face" ending, it could have been left alone but I will be curious to see where he takes the sequel. Hopefully not just a showdown between the two.

Invisibles thumbsup2.gif

Several years ago I met Phil Jimenez and he was sketching dinosaurs (lol) I wanted a King Mob, so he did a King Mob Dino for me

If I knew how to post a pic from photobucket on these boards I would throw it on for ya...one of the more interesting sketches I own...

any help?

Cool! Can you post it on the boards as an attachment? We could take it from there...

To post from photobucket, you just need to cut and paste the image link into your message. Trust me, it's easy; take it from a technoidiot. wink.gif

[embarrassing lack of self control] was good! (thats ALL STAR SUPERMAN!) I sorta wish the ending would have come a few issues later on, but... Im sure it will all work out fine And yeah - - Luthor was killer! A skinny mean runt, not a fatcat Boss type.