• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fewer big v numerous small

7 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2023 at 10:49 PM, Ollie1733 said:

Hey guys just wondering in this market are people trying to buy higher dollar books say in the 2-5k+ range

No.

On 1/13/2023 at 10:49 PM, Ollie1733 said:

or to pick up any say $300-1k deals that you can.

No.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:49 PM, Ollie1733 said:

Hey guys just wondering in this market are people trying to buy higher dollar books say in the 2-5k+ range or to pick up any say $300-1k deals that you can.

Right now, I'm only buying if the price is great. I recently sold my collection/hoard and have become much more disciplined. Where I used to buy a bunch of books from MCS's Prime Auctions, this time I was outbid almost immediately for the books I was interested in and didn't look back.  I'm not really looking for stuff under a few hundred dollars but recently bought a nice run of like new 15 cent Classics because the price was right at adollar a book. I'd have passed but for the condition.

On 1/13/2023 at 11:49 PM, Ollie1733 said:

Hey guys just wondering in this market are people trying to buy higher dollar books say in the 2-5k+ range or to pick up any say $300-1k deals that you can.

There are different Era's in comics what applies for 1960's books may not apply at all of 2010's comics or vice-versa

Example anyone spending 2-5K for a book from the last 15 years is probably paying near full bubble rate which is far from smart, but 2-5k for a minor 1960's Marvel key depending on condition might be a great investment.

Please expand on the parameters of your question for higher quality than generic answers.  Noting of course its your first post and in many cases there is never a second :)

Edited by MAR1979

I have a mix of purchases. Pre-code Horror/Golden Age is where I buy big-dollar books because they are fewer and far between. I don't really look at spending a lot on Silver through modern because those books are found at any time at any price - but it's always fun to buy a stack of books for a hundred bucks, so I buy cheapies in the other Ages.

I have always bought whatever makes sense value wise. That could be a great $20 book for a couple bucks, it could be a $200 book for half price, it could be a $1000 book for $700. Don't buy a book because someone else says to, buy for you always. 

Right now for me, I am looking in the 300-1K range for books. Trying to knock off early ASMs and adding the odd LB Cole book when able.