• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hugh Jackman!!
6 6

54 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2023 at 9:12 AM, atrocitus said:

I’m gonna see one of the guys from Celebrity Authentics next week so I’m gonna ask him if the Downey will ever happen. I’m 35 dollars into it and if it ever happens it will cost me another 335. I can hold out a while longer lol

There's no way DOWNEY is signing for $370 today.   Even if they managed to schedule him he'd be around $1,000 each sig.  I know you've got a "deposit" but it won't mean spit.

Edited by PDidds

On 8/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, mr_highgrade said:

I met Hugh Jackman 3 times here in NYC before and after his broadway shows. He signed for me on two different occasions on 2 different X-men  & Old Man Logan books. The first time he gave me his autograph, he told me If I told anyone he was gonna kill me. :eek:

My (ex)wife and I were at his San Francisco show in 2011(?).  I left the show at the encore to get near front of line for the "leaving" signing he was going to do.  Before he came out, they announced "Hugh will sign one item and the Playbill but will not pose for photos" -- my wife desperately wanted a photo.  As he came to us (we were maybe the 5th or 6th person), he'd already said NO to two photo requests -- so he got to us and (I'm Australian) I asked "hey mate, any way for a pic with my wife - we're all the way from Tasmania...".   He gave me an eye roll look and a smile "okay - real quick - Tassie is pretty far away".   As the photo was taken, the crowd started to stir up, so he announced "no - they were from Tasmania!" -- then some woman way in the back screamed "I'm from Darwin!!", so he called her up, took a few pictures with a few others and then called security in to calm the rush.  So, Hugh will always be a top pick for me when it comes to "cool celebs".  --- But he's testing my patience with this friggin' cgc signing....

IMG_5023.jpeg

On 8/28/2023 at 6:49 PM, PDidds said:

There's no way DOWNEY is signing for $370 today.   Even if they managed to schedule him he'd be around $1,000 each sig.  I know you've got a "deposit" but it won't mean spit.

I’m still good for a sig if it ever happens. It was eye opening how much money some of the celebrities get for signing. I heard how much they paid for Margot Robbie for her first signing and how much she asks today 🤯

On 8/28/2023 at 8:50 PM, PDidds said:

My (ex)wife and I were at his San Francisco show in 2011(?).  I left the show at the encore to get near front of line for the "leaving" signing he was going to do.  Before he came out, they announced "Hugh will sign one item and the Playbill but will not pose for photos" -- my wife desperately wanted a photo.  As he came to us (we were maybe the 5th or 6th person), he'd already said NO to two photo requests -- so he got to us and (I'm Australian) I asked "hey mate, any way for a pic with my wife - we're all the way from Tasmania...".   He gave me an eye roll look and a smile "okay - real quick - Tassie is pretty far away".   As the photo was taken, the crowd started to stir up, so he announced "no - they were from Tasmania!" -- then some woman way in the back screamed "I'm from Darwin!!", so he called her up, took a few pictures with a few others and then called security in to calm the rush.  So, Hugh will always be a top pick for me when it comes to "cool celebs".  --- But he's testing my patience with this friggin' cgc signing....

IMG_5023.jpeg

In NYC he was only signing Playbills, that's why I was lucky that he signed my Uncanny X-men #140. 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:27 PM, PDidds said:

Still no activity from old Hugh Jackman,   He keeps posting stupid on Facebook showing how much free time he has.  Sure wish someone would wrangle him to do this signing we paid for in good faith in advance.

That’s frustrating as hell

What the frack!   Seriously!   There’s likely no better time to get Hugh Jackman in to sign comic books than right now while there’s an ongoing actors strike.  He’s out there posting social media pics of himself doing the most mundane stuff.  Why isn’t someone confirming him or canceling him for this signing?! CGC has taken my money, I’m not earning any interest on it, I can’t spend it on something else, etc. (it’s just the principle, really).    AND I’ve missed a Frank Miller and a Chris Claremont signing for the same book while it’s been in cold storage at cgc.  Very annoying.  

Edited by PDidds

On 11/5/2023 at 5:34 PM, PDidds said:

What the frack!   Seriously!   There’s likely no better time to get Hugh Jackman in to sign comic books than right now while there’s an ongoing actors strike.  He’s out there posting social media pics of himself doing the most mundane stuff.  Why isn’t someone confirming him or canceling him for this signing?! CGC has taken my money, I’m not earning any interest on it, I can’t spend it on something else, etc. (it’s just the principle, really).    AND I’ve missed a Frank Miller and a Chris Claremont signing for the same book while it’s been in cold storage at cgc.  Very annoying.  

Didn't he just get divorced?  Probably adjusting to the new life change.  Sucks that he hasn't signed though.  

When I spoke to the rep at Celebrity Authentics they explained that while the actor's strike is going on Hugh CANNOT sign which seems counterintuitive because he would have the free time. However, because most of the items he will be signing will be affiliated with his acting work as Wolverine, he is not permitted to sign as part of the strike. That stinks because when the strike is over the studios will be rushing to get everyone back to finish work on the movies they have been working on (including Deadpool 3) so Hugh will likely be tied up for months after the strike ends. I feel like 3Q 2024 is the earliest we will get our signed books back. 

On 11/9/2023 at 12:46 AM, glowbug27 said:

When I spoke to the rep at Celebrity Authentics they explained that while the actor's strike is going on Hugh CANNOT sign which seems counterintuitive because he would have the free time. However, because most of the items he will be signing will be affiliated with his acting work as Wolverine, he is not permitted to sign as part of the strike. 

Such a weird thing to say, this isn't a problem for any of the other actors/actresses doing the convention circuit.

I guess it doesn't matter now though, with the strike being suspended.