• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA and earlier Character Premiums, SF and hero related tokens and toys
2 2

133 posts in this topic

And since I have access to some old photos, I will switch gears a bit.

The are a group of unauthorized pinbacks mostly from the 1940's/1950's. They were done by graduating classes and home coming games by students. They would "adopt" a character and run off probably just enough for their class members for an event. Most seem to come from the PA area but other areas did it as well.

They are nearly one of a kind as very few kids saved them. They do turn up from time to time and I have bid up a lot of them and some paid nothing for at flea markets on the east coast. Very fun to collect. There is one collector who usually out bids me and probably has the largest collection I can think of. Board member @mlansdown has some nice ones as well as a lot of other great pinbacks. Perhaps, he will grace us with some stuff from his collection.

Catwoman

catwomanhighschoolpin.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 1/28/2023 at 10:25 AM, 143ksk said:

A few more Archie items--a couple of early Archie Club kits/pinbacks and an Archie envelope addressed to Archie artist Red Holmdale.

image.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpg

IMG_8901.jpg

Nice! Do you remember a collector from Stan’s Weekly Express named John Ivarone? He must have amassed a nice collection of MLJ books!

On 1/28/2023 at 5:10 PM, plady69 said:

Nice! Do you remember a collector from Stan’s Weekly Express named John Ivarone? He must have amassed a nice collection of MLJ books!

The name is familiar, but that's about it :(

On 2/9/2023 at 4:07 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Buck Rogers liquid helium water pistol with repro box.152B967B-8A0E-484E-9D92-5CBC4A2CA9AD.thumb.jpeg.e290affea6e489afafeabcfb705e3f0f.jpeg

Sweet one Ray. Maybe my favorite. There was a time when these were as rare as hen’s teeth. Rarely appearing at shows and real pricey. Then EBay came along and we realized there were a lot more of them out there than we realized. 

How 'bout some more "down to earth" six shooters?

A couple of boxed 1930's G-Man guns. The black one is not really a siren pistol but still shoots out a 2" spark when fired. The blue one still wails well. Both are from the same family. Apparently 2 brothers as they still had Christmas gift tags inside the boxes when I got them. 

gmanguns.jpg