• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA and earlier Character Premiums, SF and hero related tokens and toys
2 2

133 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2023 at 6:44 PM, Robot Man said:

4F23192C-83C8-40B9-B1E5-9739ACB69AA5.jpeg

Five year sub! I wonder if the kid was still reading Disney books by the time the sub ended? Weirdos like us would (I still reread Barks DDs) but the average kid probably wouldn't have.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:42 PM, Robot Man said:

One more unusual piece. This is a Cat Marvel hand painted cloth patch. Was obviously a movie prop. Taken from the cover of Capt. Marvel Adventures #27. Possibly a movie serial piece? Can't remember where I got it but only one I've ever seen. 

captmarvelmoviepatch1.jpg

captmarvelmoviepatch2.jpg

779683.jpeg

RKO wasn't involved in serial production and this would've probably been produced long after Republic's Adventures of Captain Marvel serial. It was probably produced in conjunction with an RKO picture released during the war. The art isn't very detailed. It was likely a kid's club patch, but doesn't appear to have been sewn onto anything; probably intended to be viewed from a distance. It would be interesting to figure out which picture, but a tough challenge without more clues.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:54 AM, Robot Man said:

And this is the King of the Ray guns. The Hubley Atomic Distinegrator Gun. Not really character related but such classic art deco design. This is one heavy and bad arse shooting iron. Grips are nearly always cracked, chipped or broken. Picked up in the fields of the Brimfield, MA flea market. I had some explaining to do when I brought it home in my carry on bag..,:roflmao:

45496BB5-E65A-4011-A6EB-96D5F0D018AC.jpeg

One of the kewl non-character items in my collection, as well... (thumbsu

Image5-4-23at9_14PM.jpeg.3cbb7d7034f83abb8d078cdc8cfe32ef.jpeg

:cheers: