• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Safest way to ship to CGC--USPS? Fedex? UPS?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

What is the safest way to ship books to CGC for grading? I am leery of needing to try and collect insurance on ungraded comics, as "value" will be undoubtedly questioned, so I'd much rather not lose them in shipping. 

So, is USPS Registered, UPS, or Fedex the best service for NOT losing your shipment of comics to CGC? 

Safest way is double boarded (at least) in the proper fitting bag. Then the books should be wrapped in bubble wrap and put into a box that fits everything with little or no movement. Then wrap that box in bubble wrap and put it into a bigger box. Then insure heavily. 

On 1/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, joeypost said:

Then insure heavily. 

USPS insurance is a scam, they'd have to lose or damage one out of every 55 shipments for you to break even. If the book/books is/are valuable enough sending registered fully insured is more reasonable, but for a book worth a few hundred you are throwing money away on insurance, you are better off in the long run eating the value of the rare shipment that does get damaged than buying USPS insurance. 

Edited by rjpb

On 1/23/2023 at 5:42 PM, rjpb said:

USPS insurance is a scam, they'd have to lose or damage one out of every 55 shipments for you to break even. If the book/books is/are valuable enough sending registered fully insured is more reasonable, but for a book worth a few hundred you are throwing money away on insurance, you are better off in the long run eating the value of the rare shipment that does get damaged than buying USPS insurance. 

Can I get an amen. Plus the insurance itself might be what draws the moth to the flame. 

On 1/23/2023 at 5:42 PM, rjpb said:

I never said usps insurance.