• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Psi force cgc 9.0

8 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2023 at 1:47 PM, Monsterkid69 said:

I bought a Psi force #1 cgc 9.0 it is the only one graded at a 9.0.  I was wondering if I should crack it open clean and press it for a better grad or keep it at a 9.0 since it's the only one on the census at that grade

whether a clean and press would help would be highly dependent on the defects of the book. And then, whether or not YOU SHOULD DO IT would be dependent on what your goals are for the comic, and possibly your financial preferences (assuming money is an object for you.  For many people, money is no object, which is fine too).  Your collecting goals and financial preferences are highly subjective, and really no one here can give you any relevant advice without inspecting the comic AND knowing your personal subjective collecting goals and financial preferences. 

Pretend like someone is asking you for help.  What information would you want to know to be able to help that person?  Now, provide that information here, as if you are asking random internet strangers for free expert help and you want to make it easier for them to help you.

If it were me, assuming I'm wanting a high grade Psi Force #1, I'd keep the 9.0 as it is and begin a quest to find a better one in the wild.

It is an inexpensive book so you can afford take chances.  Buy the super clean copies when you find them and then you can hone your grading skills... on your search for a 9.8.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:30 PM, Turnando said:

If it were me, assuming I'm wanting a high grade Psi Force #1, I'd keep the 9.0 as it is and begin a quest to find a better one in the wild.

It is an inexpensive book so you can afford take chances.  Buy the super clean copies when you find them and then you can hone your grading skills... on your search for a 9.8.

This is really good, non-snarky advice.  I struggled with how to do it, and this is excellent.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:38 AM, DougC said:

You can do what you feel would be most valuable to you... but it's Psi force. I guess you could pair with your spitfire or starbrand for maximum new universe goodness

Not to mention DP-7 and Kickers, Inc.

I can laugh...I bought 'em all too.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:47 PM, Monsterkid69 said:

... or keep it at a 9.0 since it's the only one on the census at that grade

I assume every new account is Stu going thru the approval process, but just in case...

Your one-of-a-kind modern 9.0 doesn't have value for being the only one.  If that means something to you, then keep it, but there are thousands out there at higher grades.  It's just that no one gets that book graded.

Screenshot_20230202_065346_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c8c04351ac76d58dcce79fd28c0cff6b.jpg

On 1/21/2023 at 4:47 PM, Monsterkid69 said:

I bought a Psi force #1 cgc 9.0 it is the only one graded at a 9.0.  I was wondering if I should crack it open clean and press it for a better grad or keep it at a 9.0 since it's the only one on the census at that grade

The census only tracks books that are graded. Honestly, the book you have is everywhere, overprinted and heavily available in 50 cent to $2 bins at most. The reason there are not many on the census is that it is deemed a "valueless" book and not worth the $40-50 it takes to grade it.

I had a run of Psi-Force (not graded) that I gave away....literally. I had a $10 price tag on the lot and it sat and sat for years. I was happy to give to a student who wanted something to read. I think if you would be wasting money trying to improve the grade. Considering you could probably buy a raw copy for pennies that is nicer and submit that way if you are hunting a 9.8, I would go that route before wasting time trying to bump the grade on the book you have.

Edited by comicginger1789