• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shld I do a pressing and resubmit for cgc 9

10 posts in this topic

Do you think value of the comic is a factor in what actions should be taken?

if yes, do you think what comic it is plays a factor in the value?

If yes, do you think it would make sense to let people know what comic you have so it will be easier for random internet strangers to provide you with FREE HELP? 

Grading notes are not all that helpful. What you can see is helpful.  Can you see the crease? Can you see the spine stress lines? Do those break color or if in white areas does it appear the paper is damaged? Are there OTHER defects visible that grading notes don't mention (this is common) that pressing cannot fix?  

If the answer is no to all  then maybe a press will help. If the answer is yes don't waste your time and money. 

I just had a customer send me a picture of a book that the notes indicated "corner crunched". It was an 8.0 square bound book that had tons of wear with some of the paper fraying off of the spine. No crunch to been seen.

Most color breakinycreases cannot be pressed out.

but also it is as I stated previously, it depend on the comic and your goals and preferences