• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rough First Experience + Extra grading fee??

2 posts in this topic

This was my first time sending out comics to get graded. I did this under the impression of expecting to pay roughly around $30 per book after speaking with multiple comic book store owners in my local area.

The onboarding for new members is not very intuitive, so I did more research online - watched YouTube videos, etc. Once I felt comfortable enough moving forward, I went ahead and Selected Pressing, Modern, Fast Track - came out to $310. Looked fine so I submitted, expecting a $150 reimbursement for the membership registration.

I'd like to say that the invoicing and account details provided is highly lacking on almost all aspects. The best document I got was the Packing slip, which detailed the pricing for each book. Everything else didn't show any necessary details when it came to financial information-just very bare bones descriptions, like "10 comics". I had to reach out to customer service wondering when I'll see the reimbursements. Turned out it was taken out of my shipping/handling fees and later credited the remaining. So that was okay.

What SHOCKED me was to see an extra $390 charged to my credit card WEEKS after I've received my slabs!! Accounting is telling me the $310 was ONLY for the pressing fees, but nowhere ever in the entire process of my submission was I notified that I'd be charged separately for grading fees! Am I missing something??

Edited by choombroom

• Administrator

Hello @choombroom,

Thank you for your question. I have found the submission you are referring to (4157145). From your packing slip, you originally had only selected pressing as a service. Any books sent through CCS Pressing must be submitted to CGC for grading. As you can see on our services and fees page, pressing and grading are two separate fees. You can review this below. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused on your first submission. If you ever have any other questions regarding a future submission, feel free to give us a call and our team can walk you through the process. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

CCS Fees

CGC Fees