• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WalkThrough grading question
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I'm not sure about how CGC will bill me if I overevaluate a comic book I sent using WalkThrough.

For example I think the comic which is a silver age big key is a 8.0 valued at US 10 000 (info for the submission given to CGC).

It turns out to be a 6.5 at US 4 000 FMV.

Q. Will CGC charge me 3% of my evaluation (10K) or of the FMV (4K) they give to the comic ?

Thanks

Edited by migmtl76

I’d consider contacting Cgc customer service for the official answer, lest you get conflicting or outdated info from random internet strangers 

Edited by revat

On 1/24/2023 at 2:43 PM, revat said:

I’d consider contacting Cgc customer service for the official answer, lest you get conflicting or outdated info from random internet strangers 

Would you recommend by phone or byemail.

I ask because the phone customer service maybe won't know ?

On 1/24/2023 at 11:33 AM, migmtl76 said:

I'm not sure about how CGC will bill me if I overevaluate a comic book I sent using WalkThrough.

For example I think the comic which is a silver age big key is a 8.0 valued at US 10 000 (info for the submission given to CGC).

It turns out to be a 6.5 at US 4 000 FMV.

Q. Will CGC charge me 3% of my evaluation (10K) or of the FMV (4K) they give to the comic ?

Thanks

From what I understand based on my prior two walkthrough submissions, they will use your declared value/evaluation UNLESS they feel it is below what they believe is the FMV.

If your declared value/evaluation is below FMV, they are still going to use your higher value when billing.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:40 PM, Calmics said:

If you declare too low they will bump you up. If you declare too high you are SOL.

This. I would look at what it cost to get the book, or what it would cost to replace it. I don’t see CGC bumping you if you submit a $6-7,000 book @ $5,000 on the form. A major red flag for them is an easily recognized key worth $5,000 or more being sent in as an economy book. 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:40 PM, Calmics said:

If you declare too low they will bump you up. If you declare too high you are SOL.

Sh*t Outta Luck ?

So you declare 25K on H181 you think is 9.6 and it turns out to be 9.2 at 10k you pay 3% of 25K ?