• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question about $150 grading credit
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I renewed my membership last May, and I currently have the $150 grading credit in my account. If I renew my membership in May, 2023, I assume that I will get another $150 grading credit. My question is, "Will my grading credit for 2022 be carried over, or do I need to 'use it or lost it'?"

• Administrator

Hello @Math Teacher,

Great Question! Grading credits are only able to be applied to submissions received within the year of the membership. This means if you do not use your credit before your renewal date you will lose it. Let us know if you have any other questions!

On 1/27/2023 at 7:35 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Math Teacher,

Great Question! Grading credits are only able to be applied to submissions received within the year of the membership. This means if you do not use your credit before your renewal date you will lose it. Let us know if you have any other questions!

OK. This leads me to another question. I have a set of five books ready to send. However, I usually send my books to be pressed and cleaned by CFP Comics and Services, and they currently have a six-month backlog. So, if I print out a submission form in the next couple of days, and then send them to CFP, will that count as doing so before my next renewal? Or do the books have to arrive at your location before my next renewal?

Please let me know. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello @Math Teacher, the books would need to kindly arrive before your next renewal for the credit to apply. The fees for your books are put into the system once we physically receive them at our facilities, so they would need to be received prior to 05/29/23. If you renew again, a "new" $150.00 credit will be generated and that will be used if we receive your books after your 2022 renewal.

Hello @prospect5000, there is nothing you need to do on your side for us to apply your CGC credit. When you go to make a submission, the price does not factor in the credit you've received. We do not charge you until your submission gets to us in-house, where we will apply your credit and charge you for the remaining difference. 

Thank you!