• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature comics
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Is this a comic that has not previously been certified as CGC Signature Series?  If that’s the case, then the signature is not relevant to the grading tier.  Just submit it as he would submit any other comic.  CGC will treat it as a comic that has a writing on the cover, because that’s what it is.

On 1/30/2023 at 12:23 PM, Calmics said:
On 1/30/2023 at 11:00 AM, Lord Nikon said:

Am honestly surprised and disappointed that CGC doesn't have a "verified signature" option similar to CBCS.

It would undermine the integrity of the Signature Series.

and the profit margin of the signature series.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:00 AM, Lord Nikon said:

Am honestly surprised and disappointed that CGC doesn't have a "verified signature" option similar to CBCS.

I'm glad they don't.  Requiring a witness makes the program as honest as possible.  Signatures can probably still get through, but that would be due to someone on the inside being unethical and bypassing the system.

Someone tested the CBCS system by intentionally forging signatures and they got the books back as "Verified".  Stuff like that validates my lack of faith in their "verification" system.  It's nothing but a money grab because they realized people are vain and want yellow labels.  I was perfectly fine with CBCS keeping the verified program with a red label.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:00 PM, Lord Nikon said:

They could, they just choose not to.  Just like Newton Rings.  It's been proven you can get rid of them, they just choo$e not to.   Of course, as we've all seen, they'd need to look outside the company to find someone competent.

Anyway, I have to be careful because last time I told someone they aren't stuck with a green or low grade blue label, I was banned for a couple days.

Cue Stu, under his Calmics ID to start namecalling....