• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does grading work?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I’m getting ready to send off my first cgc grading.  
not sure what section to use for pricing. 

if I put my comic in the “standard” section max value is set @1000$.  

does this mean they will not grade the book at a higher grade even if it can, because if the next grade up will bring it’s value over 1000$?   Will they refuse to grade the book completely?       

the next section of grading is at 3000$+ value.        That’s a big leap in price from the other 

On 1/28/2023 at 3:39 AM, Garra671 said:

I’m getting ready to send off my first cgc grading.  
not sure what section to use for pricing. 

does this mean they will not grade the book at a higher grade even if it can, because if the next grade up will bring it’s value over 1000$?   Will they refuse to grade the book completely?       

the next section of grading is at 3000$+ value.        That’s a big leap in price from the other 

The FMV is more of an insurance value should something happen to your comic while CGC has it.  You can put some pics up in the "Buddy can u spare a grade" forum to get estimates of the condition.    (Read the forum rules)

From there you can use Ebay or other websites to get an idea of values for those estimates. 

Some people pick a value associated with a graded copy and some for a raw value.  Whatever  you are comfortable with.

The FMV also affects your turnaround time.

• Administrator
On 1/28/2023 at 3:39 AM, Garra671 said:

The answers to these questions is no. Here is what we tell customers about value:

The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your book was lost or damaged while with us. We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your book. In the event that your book was grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the book to a higher grading tier and you would just pay the difference in the grading fees at that time.