• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 SA DC's - what do you think??

13 posts in this topic

these books are what CGC considers 7.5 for early 1960's SA DC's................ frown.gif

any thoughts or comments?? i've always maintained that DC's get graded tougher and believe that these are pretty good examples. the BC's are as nice as the front..........

i'm adding these 3 to my stack of books for the National in NYC this weekend, as the CGC boxes hold 36 books........ grin.gif

1133153298933_JLA_008.jpg

1131329152519_Flash_016.jpg

1133900690193_brave___bold_009.jpg

Damn those are nice looking 7.5s. confused-smiley-013.gif I'm sending in my first three books to CGC today so I'm very curious what I'll get back in grades - and I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

WTF? The first two don't look like 7.5s to me. confused-smiley-013.gif The third I can see as a VF-. I think you were robbed. 893whatthe.gif

the B&B actually has a tiny chip off the back ULC (you can see it in the pic - it's just barely hanging on). so i can sorta see the 7.5 on that one.

Upon VERY close inspection, the JLA has a miniscule chip missing from the upper spine edge that can only be seen from the back. and a tiny indent crease about a half inch down from the BC ULC. that's it...............

the Flash has a tiny color breaking crease on the lower LFC. there are a few tiny color flakes missing on the very edge of the spine. it has a tiny (about half the size of a standard eraser head) smudge or stain on the upper BC.

that's all i can honestly see. these are STRICTLY graded books............

Well, you certainly got farooked by the looks of it . . . sorry.gif

I wonder if DC's are handled by a different individual there, much like magazines are handled by the magazine crew and moderns are handled by the modern crew. Give us a little insight into this apparent discrepancy . . . pretty please? Steve?

27_laughing.gifblush.gif

WTF? The first two don't look like 7.5s to me. confused-smiley-013.gif The third I can see as a VF-. I think you were robbed. 893whatthe.gif

the B&B actually has a tiny chip off the back ULC (you can see it in the pic - it's just barely hanging on). so i can sorta see the 7.5 on that one.

Upon VERY close inspection, the JLA has a miniscule chip missing from the upper spine edge that can only be seen from the back. and a tiny indent crease about a half inch down from the BC ULC. that's it...............

the Flash has a tiny color breaking crease on the lower LFC. there are a few tiny color flakes missing on the very edge of the spine. it has a tiny (about half the size of a standard eraser head) smudge or stain on the upper BC.

When people say strictly, do they mean undergraded? confused-smiley-013.gif

Dan

When people say strictly, do they mean undergraded? confused-smiley-013.gif

Dan

i suppose one could come to that conclusion when the statement is viewed in the complete context of the commentary............

i'm not going for the sympathy vote here, just trying to point out how VERY LOVELY a strictly graded 7.5 can be. believe me if i were buying these at 7.5 prices, i'd be one satisfied customer when they arrived in the mail. grin.gif