• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Winter Edition (#5) Round 3
10 10

148 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2023 at 5:52 PM, Cushing Fan said:

I had 

Hit Comics #1 - 3.0

Showcase #20 - 4.0 

Doctor Strange #169 - 4.5 

New Gods #11 - 8.0

Amazing Spider-Man #301 - 9.2

The Hit Comics killed me with the left front corners that looked like a rat knawed on them. 

I concur on the Hit Comics. I gave it a 3.5 because of that chewed bottom corner. Rats!

Well, looks like a 10 for me.  I was way under on the Showcase but that book looked rife with defects, I never would have guessed a 4.5.  Congrats to anyone that got a 5 or under on this set! 

Did anyone see what looks like a smudge on the ASM above the Spidey face / UPC area?  I know it wasn't mentioned in the defects that Mike was kind enough to mention but it looked like something.  I had it as an 8.5, so not too far off.  

Off to the next round!   Happy guessing!  

Here's how I graded them. I think its safe to say we all were hit pretty hard by Hit Comics :roflmao::deadhorse:. 5.5 is a very generous grade for that one IMHO. Maybe I could get to a 5.0 with a GA bump?? It was just a little too soiled and rough to be called a Fine minus?

Hit Comics #1 - 4.5

Showcase #20 - 4.0

Doctor Strange #169 - 5.0

New Gods #11 - 8.0

On 2/8/2023 at 6:52 AM, flashlites said:

Here's how I graded them. I think its safe to say we all were hit pretty hard by Hit Comics :roflmao::deadhorse:. 5.5 is a very generous grade for that one IMHO. Maybe I could get to a 5.0 with a GA bump?? It was just a little too soiled and rough to be called a Fine minus?

Hit Comics #1 - 4.5

Showcase #20 - 4.0

Doctor Strange #169 - 5.0

New Gods #11 - 8.0

Hit Comics #1   4.5

Showcase #20   3.0

Doctor Strange #169   4.5

New Gods #11  8.5 

Amazing Spider-Man #301   9.2

6pts for the round. :frown:

On 2/8/2023 at 6:56 PM, TC33 said: