• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Winter Edition (#5) Round 3
10 10

148 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2023 at 7:21 PM, skypinkblu said:

I had 6 points, if I hadn't kept looking at the Dr Strange and the New Gods, I would have had 3 points, one bullseye, the Spidey.

Better than the last round...but duh, lol

I way overthought the first round, underthought the second round and kinda went for the middle of the road for this round. Gave them a good lookover and graded them initially and then went back and did a second medium lookover careful not to go overboard and down the rabbit hole. And it worked pretty well.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:57 PM, sledgehammer said:

Oh well.

It made the reveal fun.

First book, bullseye.

Second book, bullseye.

Third book, bullseye.

Fourth book, dammit. 1 point.

Fifth book. Two points.

3 points. Much better than first round 10.

:banana:

1st, 2nd and 4th book - bullseye.

3rd book - 2 points and 5th book - 1 point.

3 points.  I may not be good enough to move up to top 3 spots.  Someone scored 0 point.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:07 PM, Point Five said:

On the New Gods #11, there's also what looks like a color rub in the middle of the right edge.

Yes, that is one I saw too.   Transformers #1 is pretty copy but TWO creases.  Both Transformers #1 and New Gods #11 should be 8.5, IMHO.

On 2/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here's the list of people I have not yet received grades from.

@AlexH  @canickus  @Cerebus3000 @CJ Design   @grendelbo   @kalanye  @Myparentsbasement @mytastebud @Old Fashion PB and J  @SNiPER  @stynxno   @universal soldier 

Sorry, missed the deadline. Been under the weather and it slipped my mind.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, Mars76 said:

This is what I had

Hit Comics #1   5.5

Showcase #20    3.0

Doctor Strange #169   4.0

New Gods #11   8.0

Amazing Spider-Man #301   9.0

The ring stain on Showcase #20 really threw me off, and I was a little too harsh on Dr Strange. I was a little too conservative with New Gods and ASM, but overall I agree with these grades. 7 points for me this round. 

I believe you have 6 points.  One bullseye on Hit Comics #1, Showcase #20 - 2 points, Doctor Strange #169 - 2 points, New Gods #11 - 1 point and ASM #301 - 1 point.