• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Superheroes Strength Chart
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Anybody else fondly remember debating this with friends when it came out in ASM annual #15? This the first time Marvel openly tiered their characters’ strength levels; “who is stronger?” debates were pretty prevalent if you grew up on silver or bronze Marvel. 

DA9B655D-ED35-4A42-BAA7-376ABD43C730.jpeg

8A1CCFD6-3F70-4A8C-8F78-4AD258BFCB43.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

The Thing doesn't belong in his group.  By 1980,he had fought many of them and came out second best every time.

I'd have thought Cap still had his super-strength back then, but might be mistaken. Hank Pym never gained super strength so I don't know why Black Goliath would have. Putting him in with the Surfer is strange. 

On 2/3/2023 at 2:49 PM, shadroch said:

The Thing doesn't belong in his group.  By 1980,he had fought many of them and came out second best every time.

I'd have thought Cap still had his super-strength back then, but might be mistaken. Hank Pym never gained super strength so I don't know why Black Goliath would have. Putting him in with the Surfer is strange. 

Nah....I dont recall anyone in Ben's group beating him. 

He and Namor were evenly matched in their Marvel 2 in 1 issue. 

Sasquatch, Thundra didnt beat him. Black Bolt...dont recall.....its usually against the FF. 

Doc Samson beat him??? The Vision.....i dont recall a fight.

I think this was just a strength level grouping. The Marvel U had him at the 70 tons tier. 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:31 AM, Readcomix said:

Anybody else fondly remember debating this with friends when it came out in ASM annual #15? This the first time Marvel openly tiered their characters’ strength levels; “who is stronger?” debates were pretty prevalent if you grew upon silver or bronze Marvel. 

DA9B655D-ED35-4A42-BAA7-376ABD43C730.jpeg

8A1CCFD6-3F70-4A8C-8F78-4AD258BFCB43.jpeg

One glaring error:

By his own admission, the Silver Surfer has Super-Heavyweight strength as he is fuelled by the Power Cosmic.

Other errors:

Spider-Man and Ghost Rider do not belong in the Super-Mediumweights as far weaker, but paradoxically are stronger than the other Mediumweights.

The Black Panther and Captain America are considerably stronger than the other "Lightweights".

I root for Captain America and the Hulk. The captain is always a team player, and Hulk made himself green and strong. I love to watch the movies of the Marvel Universe; they are so interesting to watch. But I need to allocate a lot of time for a complete review, and I need more because I have to solve the task. But I found a https://ca.edubirdie.com/write-my-essay-for-me that will help me write my creative assignment, and I will have free time to review it. I will encourage good days and sit down to watch everything in turn, as it should be chronological.

Edited by MarybethR_Boyd
Added content

On 2/12/2023 at 6:55 PM, World Devourer said:

Here's the first Strength Chart from 1964.

Namor should have also been included.

images (2).jpeg

This

The comment “he is still only a teenager” was significant. 
‘puny Parker’ in the flash Thompson HS days has been replaced by a rather ripped PP.

If his strength is ‘proportional’ , he would now be in the heavy weight contender class

On 2/3/2023 at 1:00 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I remember it, but shortly afterwards, the official handbook to the Marvel Universe really put things into perspective as to the strength of every marvel character.

the strength group Spidey was placed into for the 1981 annual was waaaaaay above his class.  🤣

Yeah Iron Man was in the wrong class too. They had him in there with Hercules, The Hulk and Thor and above the Thing, Collossus and Sasquatch. I used to obsess over strength levels when I was younger and when comics paid attention to stuff like this. Now they just don't give a mess.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, shadroch said:

The Thing is one of the strongest folks IN that group. Namor was only stronger than him in water and he was DEFINITELY stronger than Sasquatch and Thundra. There was a comic where Sasquatch and The Thing were facing off and he admitted himself that he wasn't as strong as Ben. I think it was in one of the Infinity series...

On 8/4/2023 at 5:26 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah Iron Man was in the wrong class too. They had him in there with Hercules, The Hulk and Thor and above the Thing, Collossus and Sasquatch. I used to obsess over strength levels when I was younger and when comics paid attention to stuff like this. Now they just don't give a mess.

Look at what Iron Man says, though. “For about two seconds.” With extra electricity and everything channeled toward the system that gives him super-Strength, he can achieve that level for maybe half a minute. Look at Avengers #165 vs Count Nefaria, or Iron Man #132, where he lays out the Hulk with a single punch. That’s all he’s referring to.

Edited by Readcomix
Typo, spelling