• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we start talkin' about Wondercon 2006 yet?

31 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm goin'. You guys goin'? I know the Bay Area regulars will be there. But anyone else traveling to the show? This year it will be in a different wing of the Moscone, the West building, around the corner from the old building that housed the con. Anyone know how this new wing compares to the old one? Feb. 10-12th. See you guys there. I'm kind of postponing a little bit in making reservations in hopes of them adding a preview night. This was done earlier this year at Chicago after I had made my reservations, so I missed out. It would be cool if they did a Thursday night preview at Wondercon too. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Fantastic Comics will be there set up. Stop by and ask for Chris and tell me your board name for a discount on anything or just to talk comics and OA. We may have a current artist set up at our booth can't say who it is, still tentative. Comic Book Hit list will also be set up on our display. See ya there.

I'm thinking about going I hear the show is great and the guest list is already stellar. It all depends on if I can find a place to crash.

Last two years I went I stayed at pretty cheap hotels within blocks of the convention center. I booked both hotel and air on hotels.com. When you do the search, just enter Moscone Convention Center as the landmark you want to be near. It will show several dozen hotels, including how much per night, and exactly how far from the center. Last year it was only $375 for round trip airfare from Seattle and a 3 star hotel for three nights. Believe me, there are tons of hotels all within walking distance, from pretty cruddy up to very high class. No shortage of rooms either, this ain't the San Diego con.

Go to Chicago August 4-6. Easy drive from Arkansas, great show, best Forum dinner of the year.

Hey, all the dinners are great, but my opinion is that the San Fran dinners are the best, and that is after attending the last two each of Chicago, San Fran, and San Diego. But if any of you are having trouble deciding which single con to go to, I say San Diego all the way.

Go to Chicago August 4-6. Easy drive from Arkansas, great show, best Forum dinner of the year.

Hey, all the dinners are great, but my opinion is that the San Fran dinners are the best, and that is after attending the last two each of Chicago, San Fran, and San Diego. But if any of you are having trouble deciding which single con to go to, I say San Diego all the way.

Not as easy to get to from Arkansas.

Hi. I'm goin'. You guys goin'? I know the Bay Area regulars will be there. But anyone else traveling to the show? This year it will be in a different wing of the Moscone, the West building, around the corner from the old building that housed the con. Anyone know how this new wing compares to the old one? Feb. 10-12th. See you guys there. I'm kind of postponing a little bit in making reservations in hopes of them adding a preview night. This was done earlier this year at Chicago after I had made my reservations, so I missed out. It would be cool if they did a Thursday night preview at Wondercon too. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Check here for more imfo. www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_guests.shtml

What do you guys think about doing the dinner at a much closer location next year? I was thinking Buca di Beppo right down the street. It's Italian food. It's pretty good Italian food too, although certainly not on par with the 20 oz. bone-in ribeye from Bob's Steak and Chop House.

If there is enough interest in Bob's Steak and Chop House, we could do a smaller dinner there on Friday night. I just don't want to run into the same situation as we had last year where there were a ton of people who couldn't get to the restaurant because Market Street was blocked off. Also, because Buca di Beppo is much cheaper than Bob's, I think we'd get better attendance.

What do you think?

Regardless of how you vote, please also indicate whether you'd be interested in a Friday night dinner at Bob's.

I think Beppo's would be great for the forum dinner. As you said, it's less expensive and quite good. I'd be into going to Bob's on Friday night for a more informal gathering.

Same here. Beppo's sounds better on Saturday for the official forum dinner, but I'm up for a casual dinner at Bob's (minus the beef) on Friday as well. thumbsup2.gif