• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we start talkin' about Wondercon 2006 yet?

31 posts in this topic

It's gonna be fun.

Count on me for the Saturday dinner, Bob or Beppo is fine, Friday I already have plans.

Do they have European wines devil.gif

Euopean wines?!? 893whatthe.gif Why would anyone drink that stuff...there's not enough alochol. poke2.gif

hi.gif Any decisions on your housing accomodations for Wondercon? The offer is still open.

Count on me for the Saturday dinner, Bob or Beppo is fine, Friday I already have plans.

Yes, but Beppo is not going to blow you away with their wine list.

Yes, but Beppo is not going to blow you away with their wine list.

Doesn't matter, I remember having fun dinners with Lambrusco seco. makepoint.gif

Beppo's is a plain FUN place. It is perfect for the forum dinner. And the staff tend to get into the mood as well. The food IS quite good, too. We could get a wonderful variety of dishes. The thought of a forum dinner at Bucca makes me happy.

Yes, the wine list is limited and not high end, but that means...more dollars for comics! Personally, I enjoy their chianti.

Beppo's is a plain FUN place. It is perfect for the forum dinner. And the staff tend to get into the mood as well. The food IS quite good, too. We could get a wonderful variety of dishes. The thought of a forum dinner at Bucca makes me happy.

Yes, the wine list is limited and not high end, but that means...more dollars for comics! Personally, I enjoy their chianti.

What about the Favre beans? Again, couldn't resist. I wish, I could make this one but prospects don't look so hot.

I may live to regret it, but since I am going to try to stick to a New Year's resolution, I think my WonderCon trip is being cut out of the plan. Just bought too many comics and bass guitars in 2005. Had a problem just saying "no" to myself. Yeah, it's a sickness and a dilemma. Can't have too much of a good thing, well... in 2006 I'm having a few less good things. Gotta sell off a ton of comic inventory, good stuff, but more than I need. Until I get through some serious headway, all buying has come to a halt. See ya' all in San Diego though. Certainly wouldn't cancel my 14th trip in a row to that show. thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.giftongue.gif

I think Beppo's would be great for the forum dinner. As you said, it's less expensive and quite good. I'd be into going to Bob's on Friday night for a more informal gathering.

Ya trash talk on Friday night - exchange pleasantries on Saturday. Works for me. devil.gif