• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Money Order Question

15 posts in this topic

In September I won a birthday gift for the owner of my local comic shop

Strange Adventures Comic Shop

This is him in all his halloween glory

tigger.jpg

so anyway I paid for it, sent him a MO and two months later no item, guy said it was sent, guy starts getting negs, I said it's been two months I want a refund, guy gets nasty, I get nasty back, guy finally sends refund and I get it yesterday.

A $72US U.S.P.S money order, one that says right on it "Only Negotiable In The US & Pocessions"

I live in Canada, he lives in Ohio

I went to my post office and bank and neither would cash it

Is there anywhere in Canada, that anyone knows, that will cash these? or do I have to find a way to get another refund outta him?

Cal the owner of the shop is a huge Packers fan and it was an autographed Brett Favre football for him, the staff knew what I was getting and his birthday was the 30th of September so ofcourse the last two months everytime I go in I feel like a tool with no gift, I finally told Cal what was going on but didn't say what it was in the hopes it would still arrive.

So any help from anyone who has got these money orders in Canada would be appreciated.

"Only Negotiable In The US & Pocessions"

Is that really misspelled on the MO? poke2.gif

Anyway, why don't you send the MO to someone in the States to cash it for you and then send you a valid payment for Canada? I know you shouldn't have to do this, but I doubt you find the seller receptive to sending another payment to you.

"Only Negotiable In The US & Pocessions"

Is that really misspelled on the MO? poke2.gif

Anyway, why don't you send the MO to someone in the States to cash it for you and then send you a valid payment for Canada? I know you shouldn't have to do this, but I doubt you find the seller receptive to sending another payment to you.

27_laughing.gif

see I already had that offer but the money order has my name filled out by the seller, can I endorse the back of it to someone? I know we get a hassle about that here.

Also, as a gesture for anyone with any advice I'll pass this on

Cal and Steve McNiven are very good friends, and if you are looking for some sweet art go here

McNiven Art

Prices are pretty good, If you click the email you can see it goes to Cal, if you buy a couple pages and let me know you're going to, I'll call Cal and get him to hook you up.

When Steve did one of the Wizard covers for the Wolvie thing, Cal hooked me up big with a surprise

McNiven Auto Wolvie Cover

That I now have hanging at the office.

So again, all advice is appreciated

I suggest you take it to Money Mart. They will cash bark if it has a signature on it!

I wouldn't even think of sending this guy the money back! By the sounds of it, you'll never see it again! You may want to call the post office in the closest border town to you. You can speak with the post master and explain the situation. See if you can send to said office and have them exchange it for an international for you. That is if the guy who sent it to you hasn't cancelled it knowing that you couldn't cash it confused-smiley-013.gif

it's worth a try...

Good luck!

JG

Found this in a Forum, this might apply to you Brockley.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum22/2439.htm

Thanks for the link dude, I actually spent a few hours today, and the 3 banks listed that wouldn't take them, won't, because those were the 3 I went too. All 3 tellers said the same thing, It's cashable only in the USA and its possessions, but I have a friend say he deposited it into a machine and it worked, the bank didn't return it.

I have a CIBC right up the street, I'll check that tomorrow, I'll call first so I don't waste my time.

Thanks again for all the help, if anyone comes up with something let me know.

Thanks for the link dude, I actually spent a few hours today, and the 3 banks listed that wouldn't take them, won't, because those were the 3 I went too. All 3 tellers said the same thing, It's cashable only in the USA and its possessions, but I have a friend say he deposited it into a machine and it worked, the bank didn't return it.

I have a CIBC right up the street, I'll check that tomorrow, I'll call first so I don't waste my time.

In the past, the Royal Bank took it without any problems. However, I have had it rejected on some occasions but just went to another bank and they took it. Personally, I don't see that big of an issue, as I figured that the USPS would honour them if the banks submitted it to them but confused-smiley-013.gif

In the past, the Royal Bank took it without any problems. However, I have had it rejected on some occasions but just went to another bank and they took it. Personally, I don't see that big of an issue, as I figured that the USPS would honour them if the banks submitted it to them but confused-smiley-013.gif

Greggy as the CGC Boards Canadian Ambassador I was waiting for you to chime in 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thats what I thought, they will cash it, it's just getting it past a teller, all three banks today it was some old coffin-dogger who looked at it for like a minute and when they read the "cashable in the US only" line, that was it, slid it back accross the counter, end of transaction.

I'll call CIBC, if they don't cash them, I might just goto my Scotiabank branch and deposit it into the machine.

Do it at a bank with low lighting. Plus, it helps if you get a noob and or just submit it with a bunch of other payments. Gets them confused. gossip.gif

Ha, the wild goose chase continues

Just got back from my CIBC up the road, same old same old, the teller was some young guy and it was 10 mins to closing, he took it with no problems, as he went to stamp it he seen the "Negotiable Only In The US",

He asks me "What's this mean"

I play dumb

"I dunno"

He gets the acc manager, she looks at it and said nope, not cashable, they stopped cashing them last year, need a pink one she says.

Well I'm out of options.