• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #48 (1st Silver Surfer) - Grade is in!
2 2

10 posts in this topic

This book is my grail as the Surfer is my favourite character. I already have a copy but it's a UK Price Variant. I'm from the UK so I do like pence variants but i've been upgrading my other pence FF issues with surfer appearances.

My current copy is a 5.0 blue label OW/W.

Do you think this cents copy can get close to that grade?

Thanks in advance

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Edited by Deutero
Grade update

On 2/5/2023 at 1:50 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I think 3.5 is the best you're looking at here.

Agree. The very best. 

3.0, sticker residue plus faded inks beneath plus some color loss/flecking from removal, rusty staple with rust migration, spine-roll, foxing, bc sticker residue, slight tanning of fc & bc, spine/edge-wear, corner abrasion, ("M" on cover likely not affecting grade). 

Great book to own and that presents fairly well. (thumbsu

Edited by jcjames

With a really excellent clean and press perhaps a little scraping off some excess rust, you should be able to get 4.0 and possibly as high as 4.5 on a really generous day.  As is you are prob 3.5, I would go with my grades vs. the lower ones above, I am in the top 10 of the CGC grading contest and ALL of my grade misses have been too tight, not too loose!

@LowGradeBronze@jcjames@1950's war comics@scburdet@TC33@Mars76@grendelbo@Golden Pete

So apparently you're all bums and don't know what you're talking about (:

This one completely threw me as I was expecting around a 3.0/3.5 and hoping for a 4.0 at best.

I got it C&P and the grade . . . .

6.0 (Universal) Off-White to White Pages :jawdrop:

Grader's notes:

sticker residue front & back cover
top staple rusted & stains through book
creasing to cover

Needless to say i'm delighted with the grade but it does leave me with a bit of a dilemma. My current copy is a 5.0 UK Price Variant but I still think it presents more nicely than this copy. Was planning on selling a copy but it looks like i'm going to end up keeping both copies :grin: