• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about large shipping kit
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a large shipping kit. In addition to what's listed in the instructions on your web page, the kit contained a number (20 to 40, I didn't count them) of yellow folding holders (see attached image). What are these for? Should they go around the boarded and bagged comics for extra protection?

Second question: I am submitting about 25 books, 7 in the Express tier, 7 in the Standard tier, and the rest in the Economy (+Expedite) tier. I will obviously need to use more than one of the 4 "Raw Books Inside" boxes of the Large Shipping Kit. Should I then create separate invoices for the separate tiers, with each going into a different "Raw Books Inside" box? Or should all books be listed on *one* invoice (combining tiers) and the rest of the "Raw Books Inside" contain no invoice? Will *all* "Raw Books Inside" boxes, contained in the large shipping kit outer box, be opened by CGC?

Would appreciate a reply as I plan to bring my books to you in a soon-to-occur Los Angeles area convention where you have a booth. Thanks!

Yellow Holders.jpg

• Administrator

Hello! 

Thank you for your questions. The yellow bags that you received are window bags. They are used to replace regular bags when customers are getting signatures done at a show or sending books in for an in-house signing. If you are not doing this, you can keep these or return them at our booth. 

Please be sure to have all of your books on the same submission form/packing slip. You do not need to combine the tiers however! After adding all the books you would like to a specific tier (Express), click "Review Cart" and then "Add Another Service". This will bring you to the start of the submission form to add the next tier of service (Modern) you would like the next section of your books to be sent through. You can repeat this to add as many different services and tiers you would like for each of your books. If you need assistance with this, please give us a call. 

Lastly, PLEASE DO NOT pack your books as if you were shipping them yourself if you are bringing these to our booth to drop off. Our team will need to review the books before receiving them. We will package and ship your submissions with our own shipping materials. The only thing you need to bring to our booth is TWO copies of your packing slip for our team to keep. You can print off as many copies of this for your records but if you do not bring two copies with your books to our booth at a show, you will be delayed. 

As a reminder, if you fill out your packing slip and have it printed ready to go before arriving at the convention, you will not need to wait in our 2-4 hour virtual line through the show. Instead, our team will be able to take custody of your books as soon as you arrive to our booth. PRO TIP: You can come to our booth at any time while you are attending the show to drop off but sometimes are busier than others like the end of the day and during lunch time. Try to arrive at our booth either within the first 2 hours of the show or at least 3 hours before the end of the show day.