• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did the forum crash?
3 3

50 posts in this topic

I just I have been able to log in. Earlier this morning I could not access the site and then when I could I was locked out. Perhaps I should not procrastinate Round 4 of the grading contest. Just in case we see the summer of '21 again.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, grendelbo said:

I just I have been able to log in. Earlier this morning I could not access the site and then when I could I was locked out. Perhaps I should not procrastinate Round 4 of the grading contest. Just in case we see the summer of '21 again.

Same for me, I was getting a different interface for a while and a 500 error everytime I tried to log in.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:20 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

lol

53103015_Robot-soccer-kick-fail(1).gif.cc8e2e77717401df385fa0b154c5f3fd.gif

@bc Sorry for nicking the gif you were struggling to post. Have you ever considered a career in CGC's IT department? :D

On 2/8/2023 at 9:29 PM, bc said:

Ready for the job!

Break Computer GIFs | Tenor

-bc

I love the way Dena in the background jumps up, then sits back down again and carries on working. "Oh, it's just CGC Mike trying to post the grading contest results again....." 

The amount of times I found myself returning to refresh the page throughout the day speaks to an addiction I'm not really prepared to confront.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:36 PM, F For Fake said:

The amount of times I found myself returning to refresh the page throughout the day speaks to an addiction I'm not really prepared to confront.

Five and a half hours pressing the refresh button is no way to live, Fake. Go outside tomorrow. 

On 2/8/2023 at 4:38 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Five and a half hours pressing the refresh button is no way to live, Fake. Go outside tomorrow. 

Would if I could, friend. I'm stuck at this desk from 8am to 5pm, so pressing that button is one of the more enjoyable activities of the work day! 

On 2/8/2023 at 9:41 PM, F For Fake said:

Would if I could, friend. I'm stuck at this desk from 8am to 5pm, so pressing that button is one of the more enjoyable activities of the work day! 

Yes. It's right up there with trying to balance a thimble on a cat's head.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:38 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

This blackout was different than any I had seen before. It was just a dead page.  No errors of note. After an hour or so, I just accepted the idea that the forums have been removed & are gone.   

It was a delicious taste of freedom :cloud9: