• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did the forum crash?
3 3

50 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 1:47 PM, CGC Mike said:

As far as I know, it wasn't an update.  It was a crash.  

That's what I like about you, Mike. Your attention to detail <3

On 2/8/2023 at 11:53 PM, Get Marwood &amp; I said:

These things happen Mike, and there are few things in life less forgiving than a buggered up spreadsheet. We've all done it. If you right click and save copies of the master, you can bugger up as many as you like.

By the way, did you unplug the forum by mistake while you were at it? The plug on the left is the fan heater. 

I work with excel junkies in my summertime fire stuff. They'll find a way to make a five minute task into three day project.

Amazing how dependent we have become on social media, the internet and our phones. Like junkies. Take it away and we become frantic.

I have left the house without my phone all day. I reach for it, realize I don’t have it and just continue on with my day.

But I lived a huge portion of my life without it. I survived just fine.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, Robot Man said:

Amazing how dependent we have become on social media, the internet and our phones. Like junkies. Take it away and we become frantic.

I have left the house without my phone all day. I reach for it, realize I don’t have it and just continue on with my day.

I wish they’d blackout the internet for a month.   In 30 days turn it back on and see what’s left of civilization.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:27 AM, Robot Man said:

I've started purposefully leaving my cell phone at home for lunches with friends and stuff like that, as it is a big distraction from interacting with folks. 

The only downside I've found is that we have a fresh granddaughter, so many times, people want to see photos.

I also leave the phone on the counter when I am at home, and don't check it that often, even when I hear the incoming messages. And I don't answer calls unless I'm expecting them. They can just wait for me to deal with them on my own timeframe. And, I never activated the voicemail - they can send me a text if they're in an all-fired hurry.

On 2/9/2023 at 9:33 AM, lizards2 said:

I've started purposefully leaving my cell phone at home for lunches with friends and stuff like that, as it is a big distraction from interacting with folks. 

The only downside I've found is that we have a fresh granddaughter, so many times, people want to see photos.

I also leave the phone on the counter when I am at home, and don't check it that often, even when I hear the incoming messages. And I don't answer calls unless I'm expecting them. They can just wait for me to deal with them on my own timeframe. And, I never activated the voicemail - they can send me a text if they're in an all-fired hurry.

I got mine originally for safety and convenience.

A month later, I had a van breakdown going to a show. I pulled out my cell and called the Auto Club. Within 15 minutes a flatbed pulled up and hauled me all the way home.

My first inter action with the internet I found a site and sold a huge box of old MAD magazines. I was hooked! 

I usually have my phone in my pocket with the sound turned off and the vibrator on. The only calls that matter are my family. Nice to be able to screen out the rest.

It is a tool for my convenience. Once in a while a distraction or boredom killer. 

On 2/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, Robot Man said:

:)

Ok Boomer.gif