• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Man-Thing #1
2 2

10 posts in this topic

6.5/7.0.  It would look great graded after a press. Just depends if the price bump realized after it's graded is worth it to you.  I sometimes get books like this graded because it's the best I have and I like the way some keys look slabbed.

I'm wondering if that uneven surface on the inside of the cover is moisture damage. It is true that mold can be removed, but it sounds like once it evolves into foxing, not so much. I would expect a thorough cleaning to cost more than the grade bump in a book with this value. I think you're looking at about a 5.0/5.5 after standard c/p.

On 2/12/2023 at 4:04 AM, grendelbo said:

5.0/5.5

If a defect were ever perfect for a book... :roflmao:

Thanks for posting. :takeit:

Are you suggesting it's a muck encrusted mockery of a comic book? I never can remember whether Manny or Swampy came first....(tap, tap, tap) ahh...it's Manny in May 1971 in Savage Tales Vs July 1971 in HoS 92 for Swampy.

Edited by LowGradeBronze